Howard L. Goff Middle School will be hosting an in-person 6th Grade/New Student Parent Orientation on Monday, August 23 from 6:00-7:00 p.m. in the Goff Gymnasium and an in person 6th Grade and New Student Orientation on Wednesday, August 25 from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. During Student Orientation, administrators and staff will review important information about middle school and allow students an opportunity to tour the building to see where their classes will be before their first day of school.
Additionally, the building will be open to parents and students on Wednesday, August 25 from 1:30-3:30 p.m. as well as Thursday, August 26 and Friday, August 27 from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. to decorate student lockers. Students must be accompanied by an adult during this time.
In an effort to help you plan for the orientation, please see the schedule below.
Monday, August 23
6th Grade Parent Orientation:
- 6:00-7:00 p.m. in the Goff Gymnasium: Presentation given by Goff Administrators with pertinent information about Middle School expectations. This orientation is for parents only.
Wednesday, August 25
6th Grade and New Student Orientation:
- 11:20 am – 11:30 am: Parent Drop-Off (Students enter the main entrance. No parents will attend the orientation)
- 11:30 am – 11:50 am: Presentation on important information about middle school
- 11:50 am – 12:20 pm: Group 1 stays in cafeteria to review their class schedule and Group 2 tours the building, follows their class schedule and opens their locker
- 12:20 pm – 12:50 pm: Group 1 tours the building, follows their class schedule and opens their locker and Group 2 goes to cafeteria and reviews their schedule
- 12:50 pm – 1:30 pm: All students in the cafeteria for lunch and get to know each other
- 1:30 pm: Parents pick up students outside of the cafeteria
- 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm: Parents can tour the building with their child at this time. All students staying must be accompanied by an adult. Masks must be worn when moving about the building.
Student volunteers will be available to guide students around the building and answer questions. Students will also be given a map of the building with specific locations highlighted.
- Only students will be allowed for the student orientation.
- Entry will be at the main entrance of the building and students will exit the building through the cafeteria after lunch.
- Temperatures will be taken at the main entrance of the building prior to entering. Anyone with a temperature of 100 degrees or higher will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Masks must be worn while moving about the building. Vaccinated students may remove masks when seated for presentations.
- Stay home if feeling ill or were exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Locker Orientation Schedule:
Students and parents may walk their child’s schedule and *decorate their locker. All students must be accompanied by an adult to be in the building.
- Wednesday 8/25 – 1:30-3:30 pm
- Thursday 8/26 and Friday 8/27 – 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
*Reminder no adhesive stickers to be placed inside the lockers. You must use magnets to adhere decorations. No decorations are allowed on the outside of the lockers.
We are looking forward to seeing you all at orientation and are excited to begin a new school year!