The East Greenbush Central School District Board of Education endorsed a projected timeline to start a new full-day Pre-K Program in partnership with Questar BOCES for eligible 4-year-old students at its public meeting on Wednesday evening. The program, which is free for families, is tentatively scheduled to start Monday, October 18 for students selected through the lottery process.
A Pre-K application is now available and can be submitted online. The deadline for applications is Wednesday, September 29, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
All applicants will be entered into a lottery, which will be held Tuesday, October 5 at 7:00 p.m. in the Genet Elementary School auditorium. Independent auditors will conduct the lottery and each applicant will be assigned a number prior to the lottery draw. The first 36 students drawn will receive spots in the new Pre-K Program and all other applicants will be added to a waitlist.
New Pre-K Program:
- Two sections of 18 students (a total of 36 students)
- Each class will have one teacher and one teaching assistant
- Located at Red Mill Elementary School and operated by Questar III BOCES
- Students must be 4 years old as of December 1, 2021 and must be district residents
- Students will be selected randomly through a lottery drawing on Tuesday, October 5, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. The lottery will be open to the public, which will take place in the Genet Auditorium
- Program start date is tentatively scheduled for Monday, October 18, 2021
- School day will run 8:15 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- Pre-K Program will follow the East Greenbush CSD school calendar
- No cost to families
- Transportation will not be provided
There will be no tax impact for this program. It is being funded by a state grant ($5,400/student) with the balance being funded by the American Rescue Plan ($4,437/student).
Pre-K Program Application (due Wednesday, September 29 at 4:00 p.m.)