The East Greenbush Central School District was notified today that a student from Green Meadow Elementary School has tested positive for COVID-19. The student’s last day in school was September 15.
The district has completed its contact tracing and identified nine students who must enter mandatory quarantine at home as a precaution. These families have been notified by the school district. The quarantined individuals do not need to be tested for COVID-19 unless exhibiting symptoms or advised by a healthcare provider.
Any individual who was identified to quarantine may return to school following approval from the local health department.
The district would like to remind everyone to maintain the strong habits we are developing as a school community:
- Maintain social distancing when out in public.
- Wear masks at all times when inside schools and on school buses.
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently and thoroughly. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available.
- Monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and in the event someone is sick, stay at home.
- In alignment with recommendations from federal, state and county health and medical professionals, the East Greenbush CSD strongly encourages everyone 12 and older who is eligible to get the COVID-19 vaccine. COVID-19 Vaccine Finder.
Those with questions are advised to call the county health department directly at 518-270-2655 or contact the district’s K-5 COVID-19 Coordinator Kathy DeFruscio at 518-207-2648 firstname.lastname@example.org.
For COVID-19 updates and information, visit egcsd.org/coronavirus.