The East Greenbush Central School District has been informed that four students have tested positive for COVID-19.
Columbia High School
- A student from Columbia High School has tested positive for COVID-19. The student’s last day in school was September 14. The district has completed its contact tracing and identified five students who must enter mandatory quarantine at home as a precaution.
- A student from Columbia High School has tested positive for COVID-19. The student’s last day in school was September 17. There was no exposure at school related to this case.
Red Mill Elementary School
- Two students from Red Mill Elementary School have tested positive for COVID-19. The students’ last days in school were September 15 and September 17. The district has completed its contact tracing and identified 24 students who must enter mandatory quarantine at home as a precaution.
The district would like to remind everyone to maintain the strong habits we are developing as a school community:
- Maintain social distancing when out in public.
- Wear masks at all times when inside schools and on school buses.
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently and thoroughly. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available.
- Monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and in the event someone is sick, stay at home.
- In alignment with recommendations from federal, state and county health and medical professionals, the East Greenbush CSD strongly encourages everyone 12 and older who is eligible to get the COVID-19 vaccine. COVID-19 Vaccine Finder.
Those with questions are advised to call the county health department directly at 518-270-2655 or contact the district’s COVID-19 Coordinators Julie Stoffels (StoffelsJu@egcsd.org) or Kathy DeFruscio (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For COVID-19 updates and information, visit egcsd.org/coronavirus.