The East Greenbush Central School District has been informed that two students from Donald P. Sutherland Elementary School have tested positive for COVID-19. The last day in school for both students was October 1. The district has completed its contact tracing and identified 10 students who must enter mandatory quarantine at home as a precaution.
The district would like to remind everyone to maintain the strong habits we are developing as a school community:
- Maintain social distancing when out in public.
- Wear masks at all times when inside schools and on school buses.
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently and thoroughly. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available.
- Monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and in the event someone is sick, stay at home.
- In alignment with recommendations from federal, state and county health and medical professionals, the East Greenbush CSD strongly encourages everyone 12 and older who is eligible to get the COVID-19 vaccine. COVID-19 Vaccine Finder.
Those with questions are advised to call the county health department directly at 518-270-2655 or contact the district’s Interim COVID-19 Coordinator Kathy DeFruscio at DefrusKa@egcsd.org.
For COVID-19 updates and information, visit egcsd.org/coronavirus.