All East Greenbush Central School District elementary schools are planning to host Halloween Parades on Friday, October 29. In keeping with tradition, the parades would be held outside and parents are allowed to attend.
In the event of inclement weather, the parades will not be held. However, students will still be given the opportunity to wear their costumes in the classroom.
Halloween Parade Schedule:
- Bell Top – 1:30 p.m.
- DPS – 2:00 p.m.
- Genet – 2:00 p.m.
- Green Meadow – 2:00 p.m.
- Red Mill – 2:30 p.m.
To allow us to host a safe and enjoyable event, please note the following:
- All visitors should assemble outside for the parade. Due to a large number of visitors expected, masks are strongly encouraged in areas of congestion. Please practice social distancing.
- Please do not come into the building prior to the parade unless the teacher is expecting you. The only visitors that will be signed into the building prior to the parade will be those the teacher has pre-arranged to have come for extra help in assisting the students. Teachers will leave their list of pre-arranged parent helpers at the front door for our secretarial staff.
- Upon arrival, parents should go directly to the back of the building.
- No animals or pets are allowed, with the exception of service animals.
- Adult visitors will not be allowed to wear Halloween masks.
- Students should not wear costumes to school. Place costumes in a bag marked with the student’s name clearly marked on it.
- When selecting a costume, please consider the ability of your child to safely navigate the parade route. Students should wear costumes that can primarily be put on unassisted. Toy weapons (no matter how fake they look), excessive blood, and gore will not be allowed. Please also consider that a COVID mask must be worn when inside the building.
To avoid confusion, we encourage students to take the school bus home. However, if you plan to take your child home after the parade you must let the main office know in advance. Each school will be communicating this process to parents. Only parents and legal guardians may sign their child out unless written permission is provided. Be prepared to show identification if we don’t know you. Please be patient during the sign-out process.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.