The East Greenbush Central School District has been informed that one student has tested positive for COVID-19.
Columbia High School
- A student from Columbia High School has tested positive for COVID-19. The student’s last day in school was November 16. The district has completed its contact tracing and identified five students who must enter mandatory quarantine at home as a precaution. There was one additional contact related to this case, but because that individual is fully vaccinated they do not need to quarantine.
The district would like to remind everyone to maintain the strong habits we are developing as a school community:
- Maintain social distancing when out in public.
- Wear masks at all times when inside schools and on school buses.
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently and thoroughly. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available.
- Monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and in the event someone is sick, stay at home.
- In alignment with recommendations from health and medical professionals, the East Greenbush CSD strongly encourages everyone who is eligible to get the COVID-19 vaccine. COVID-19 Vaccine Finder.
Those with questions are advised to call the county health department directly at 518-270-2655 or contact the district’s Interim COVID-19 Coordinators Margie Secor (SecorMa@egcsd.org) or Kathy DeFruscio (DefrusKa@egcsd.org).
For COVID-19 updates and information, visit egcsd.org/coronavirus.