The following information was emailed to parents on February 9, 2022.
The East Greenbush Central School District continues its distribution of free COVID-19 at-home test kits to families and school staff. These test kits can be used to ensure students are not carrying the virus in the event that they become symptomatic or to avoid quarantine and remain in school as part of our Home Testing Protocol.
Parents can request a free COVID test kit by submitting the form below and we will send the test kit home with the student.
About the At-Home Test Kits
- The at-home test kits include two rapid tests in each kit.
- They provide results within 15 minutes. Instructions are included in the test kits.
- Anyone who tests positive on an at-home test should immediately report their results to the school and begin isolating.
- Students who test positive must isolate for 5 days and can return to school on day 6 if there is symptom resolution.
- Some test kits that have already been distributed have had their expiration dates extended by the FDA. If you already have one of these test kits, please do not discard them.
- Abbott BinaxNOW – extended from 1/9/22 to 4/9/22
- Abbott BinaxNOW – extended from 1/30/22 to 4/30/22
- AccessBio Care Start Rapid Antigen Test – extended from 2/1/22 to 9/30/22