Dear Bell Top Parents, As winter winds down we have begun our annual tradition of maple sugaring. The maple trees are tapped and the sap is flowing. Soon we will be making delicious maple syrup in our learning barn. Spring is upon us, which means we will be going outside as much as possible for recess. Please prepare your children to dress for the weather conditions and discuss good choices when it comes to playing in the snow, mud, and water.
The Bell Top k-kids will be assisting the PTO with the creation of the school yearbook. If you have pictures of Bell Top events that you would like to share please visit the PTO website for directions at http://belltoppto.com and click the link on the top right corner of the homepage.
Ronald McDonald House
Bell Top school has finished their sixth year of supporting the Ronald McDonald House by participating in the Read for Ronald McDonald House fundraising program. Students participated from February 14th – March 13th.
Personal Safety Lessons
With the passing of Erin’s law in the NYS Senate, schools are now mandated to provide sexual abuse education to students. On April 4, 5, 6 & 7, Michael Fonda of St. Peter’s Health Partners will be coming to Bell Top to provide personal safety instruction to our students. A letter will be sent home with more details regarding this in the near future.
NYS ELA & Math Assessments (Grade 3-5)
Students in grades 3, 4 & 5 are scheduled to take the NYS English Language Arts assessments on March 29th & 30th, and the NYS Mathematics assessment on April 27th & 28th. The exams are administered over 2 days and will have no time limit, as long as the students are working productively. You can prepare your child for these exams by making sure they are well rested, have eaten a healthy breakfast, and are feeling minimal stress about the test days ahead. They should try their personal best, as they do here every day at Bell Top.
COVID-19 At-Home Test Kits
If you need additional at-home test kits please contact the main office.
- 3/4 – K-5 End of Marking Period
- 3/16 – Special Board of Education meeting at Genet @ 7:00 pm
- 3/20 – First Day of Spring
- 3/23 – K-5 Report Cards emailed home
- 3/23 – Board of Education meeting at Bell Top @ 7:00 pm
- 3/24 – ½ day of school (Parent Conferences) dismiss @ 11:30 am
- 3/25 – ½ day of school (Professional Development) dismiss @ 11:30 am
- 3/29 & 3/30 – NYS ELA Assessment – grades 3-5
- 4/4 – Bell Top PTO virtual meeting @ 7:00 pm
- 4/13 – Board of Education meeting at Columbia @ 7:00 pm
- 4/26 – Board of Education meeting at Columbia @ 7:00 pm
- 4/27 & 4/28 – NYS Mathematics Assessment – grades 3-5