Dear Genet Families!
Happy Friday! I hope that you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving Recess last week and were able to enjoy the company of loved ones. December has finally arrived and students have already shared their excitement for this time of year. We are entering a busy time, but an exciting time of year. There are many events taking place this month and in January like our 4th and 5th Grade Concert on Tuesday, January 17th.
Today our Kindergarteners helped kick off our Character Education Assembly by teaching the school about this month’s character ed trait of Kindness. Our school was treated to a book about kindness read by Mrs. Chieco and a few of our Kindergarteners shared some writing they completed on how we could show kindness daily. Our kindergartners then wowed Genet with a special song about letting the kindness within us shine brightly! I have included a video of a kindergartners singing for us today for you to enjoy.
Here are a few important updates for families:
Safety at Genet:
- During parent pick-up, you may be asked for your license or form of identification (ID) by any staff member at any time. Please have your identification ready if we are not familiar with you.
- Genet will be practicing a lockdown drill this coming week. Our teachers will review the protocols with students and prepare them for the drill. We will be conducting the drill with assistance of local and state agencies.
- If entering Genet to visit or help in a classroom, you will need your identification to enter the building.
Winter Wreaths Still Available:
The Genet PTO still has some winter wreaths available for families that are still interested. If you are, I have attached the informational flyer to this post. You may also reach out to the PTO by emailing email@example.com.
Thank you for your support of this fundraiser! All monies collected go to activities for our school!
School Lunch Online Payment Option:
The EGCSD offers an online meal prepayment service through MySchoolBucks.com.
There you can do the following:
- Setup automatic recurring payments
- Automatically add money to a student’s account when the balance runs low
- Receive low balance email notifications
- View their child’s purchase for the past 90 days
- Nutrition information is available to parents within the MySchoolBucks website
Lunch Menus for December:
Attached to this post, you can view and download December’s lunch menu for Pre-K and students in Grades K-5. If you have any questions regarding your child’s lunch account, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Kitchen Manager, Mrs. Beyor.
Genet’s School Day:
As a reminder to our families, I want to share the schedule for students at Genet. Here is a review of our bell schedule and what the bells denote:
- 8:40 AM – Signals Student Arrival
- 8:55 AM – Late Bell – any students arriving after this bell will be tardy to school
- 3:05 PM – Dismissal Bell – bell will begin student dismissal with an announcement
Reminder: Parent-Teacher Conferences December 8th:
Our second Parent-Teacher Conference date is scheduled for Thursday, December 8th. We look forward to seeing families at Genet next week. December 8th is a half-day for students and dismissal will begin at 11:10AM.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your child’s teacher or the Genet Main Office.
Thank you for your continued support of Genet! It is truly appreciated and we could not do what we do without your support.
View Genet Journal (must be signed into ParentSquare)