Call to Order – 7:32 p.m.
- BRAC: Ms. Espinosa, Ms. Garrigan-Piela, Mr. Jeffers, Mr. Lento, Mr. Pratt, Mr. Romanowski
- Admin: Mr. Edson
- Guest: Mr. Conway, Town of East Greenbush
Update from Town of East Greenbush
Mr. Conway shared a listing of residential development projects pending in the Town of East Greenbush as of November 2018:
- Recently completed: The Kensey on Elliot Apartments
- Projects under construction: Rysendorph and Witbeck Cluster Subdivisions
- Projects with conditional approval: Witbeck Hampton Manor Subdivision, Berkeley Estates, Deer Pond Estates
- Projects still in process: Town Center Planned Development District, Covered Bridge Apartments, Amedore Senior Housing
- Potential Projects – Conceptual Phase: Thompson Hill
He said the Town is in the process of updating the Comprehensive Plan, first completed in 1993. A land use study was also completed in 2006 and will be updated with the Comprehensive Plan. The Plan should be available during the 2019-2020 year.
Mr. Conway reflected on a growing preference for apartments for young people, rather than single family homes. Developers are designing luxury apartments for this need. This may impact District enrollment in the future from two-bedroom or more apartments.
Discussion ensued about revitalizing Columbia Turnpike. A State training center will occupy the old Kmart and Big Lots building. Other businesses need to be attracted to the area.
Mr. Edson said that the Capital District Regional Planning Commission received an enrollment update from the District in October. CDRPC plans to work on the projections in January and should have them available in February. A BRAC meeting will be scheduled to share the reports.
Adjournment – 8:48 p.m.