2020-21 Tax Information
School Tax Update: The East Greenbush Central School District is aware that there is a printing error on the Tax Notice that was mailed to residents earlier this month. The wrong P.O Box number was listed. However, the district contacted Key Bank and USPS and all tax payments are being received at both P.O. Boxes and processed accordingly. If you mailed your tax payment to the P.O. Box number listed on the Tax Notice, your taxes will be received and there will be no late penalty incurred. All tax payments should be postmarked by October 15, 2020.
Tax bills for 2020 were mailed on September 15, 2020. The tax collection period is September 15, 2020 to October 15, 2020, without payment of a penalty.
School Tax Bills (2006-2020)
How to Pay Your Taxes
- Residents of the Towns of East Greenbush, North Greenbush, Nassau, Sand Lake, and Chatham should mail payments to: Tax Collector, East Greenbush Central School District, P.O. Box 588 Albany, New York 12201-0588. No in-person payments will be allowed this year.
- Town of Schodack residents should mail payments to: Shawn Masters, Receiver of Taxes, P.O. Box 436, East Schodack, NY 12063.
Property Tax Information
- School Tax Update – Posted September 29, 2020
- District Releases Tax Bill Information – Posted September 2, 2020
- Q&A: School Property Taxes – Updated August 25, 2020
- Tax Exemptions – Updated June 18, 2019
- Tax Exemption Impact Report from Assessor – Updated July 10, 2020
- Tax Bill Search Engine
- School Property Tax Presentation – Posted September 12, 2019
- Residents Encouraged to Review Utility Bills for Sales Tax Errors – Posted June 6, 2016
- Challenges to Property Assessments – report to BOE September 29, 2010
Resources from the NYS Department of Taxation and Finance
- Assessments vs. Taxes – Posted July 30, 2012
- Assessors – Posted July 30, 2012
- Contesting Your Assessment in NYS – Updated June 1, 2016
- How The Property Tax Works – Updated July 25, 2012
- NYS Homestead/Non-Homestead Tax Information – Updated May 1, 2016
- Property Tax Bills – Posted July 30, 2012
- Property Tax Cap Guidelines for Implementation – Posted July 16, 2014
- Video: Contesting an Assessment – Posted July 10, 2013
- Video: Property Taxes and Assessments – Posted July 10, 2013
|Sand Lake||518-674-2026 ext. 24|