Because class dynamics may vary significantly, please note that students at the High School level will receive a separate supply list from each classroom teacher on the first day of classes.
Below is a suggested basic list of supplies for those who wish to purchase items in advance:
- Spiral bound notebooks
- Pocket folders (pockets in the bottom)
- Composition notebooks
- 3-Ring Binders (1”)
- Pens / Pencils
- Highlighter pens
- Pencil case
- Loose-leaf paper
- Flash drives
- Colored pencils (for Science and Art)
- Graph paper (for Science)
- Student Planner/Agenda
- Graphing Calculator (Refer below for Calculator notice from Math Dept.)
- Tissues (donations are gratefully accepted)
- Personal hand sanitizer / disinfectant wipes
- Plastic 12” ruler
- Pencils (preferably a small set of drawing pencils, if possible)
- An eraser (vinyl erasers preferred)
- A hand-held pencil sharpener
- Glue Stick
MATH CALCULATOR INFORMATION:
New York State has mandated the use of graphing calculators for all high school mathematics Regents examinations. In addition to the students using the graphing calculator on the Regents exam, the mathematics teachers will be integrating the use of a graphing calculator into classroom activities, homework, and assessments throughout the year.
- TI-83 Plus
- TI-84 Plus
- TI-84 Plus Silver Edition
- TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition
- TI-84 Plus CE (model used by CHS math teachers)
The use of the graphing calculator at home allows the student to further practice concepts and skills and to gain familiarity with the calculator functions. These graphing calculators will be used throughout your child’s high school mathematics program, as well as in many college courses.
If you decide to purchase a calculator and are unsure of the model, please do not open the plastic packaging until a mathematics teacher checks the model. Returning merchandise is often difficult if the calculators have been opened.
Last Updated July 2022