Naviance is a web-based college and career tool used by the Guidance Office to help students plan for their future.
- Freshmen – Meet with counselors in December to complete the “Do What You Are” personality type test on Naviance.
- Sophomores – Meet with counselors in November to do the Career Interest Inventory on Naviance. Students then complete a worksheet on two careers that interest them from the results.
- Juniors – Meet with counselors twice, once to go over a PowerPoint presentation on applying to college and then to do the SuperMatch College Search on Naviance. Juniors will also complete a survey on Naviance about interest in specific colleges and college major interests, used for consideration when local scholarships come up.
- Seniors – Use Naviance as part of the application process to college. It will be used to request transcripts and letters of recommendation. In addition, seniors will be asked to complete an exit survey on Naviance at the end of the year to tell us about their future plans.
The easiest way for a student to access Naviance is via Clever. The student should be on their Chromebook and logged in as themselves.
1. Have students click on this link: https://clever.com/in/east-greenbush-central-school-district6ff7a9300011b3c42
2. Click on the “Login with Google” button
3. It may ask you which Google account to use, just select your own email address
4. You are now in Clever and just need to click on the Naviance Icon and you’re in.