How to request an Interlibrary Loan?
Are you looking for a resource that we don’t have in the CHS Library? Just because we don’t have an item, doesn’t mean we can’t get what you’re looking for from other libraries in the area. Libraries are all about sharing resources, so if there is something specific you are looking for don’t hesitate to ask for help! Simply fill out an Interlibrary Loan Slip, located at the circulation desk, and we will do our best to get what you need!
What you need to get a library card
- For CHS students over 15, all you need is your Student ID to get a East Greenbush Community Library card.
- If you are 15 or under you must have a parent go with you.
- The signature of a parent or legal guardian is required for children 15 and under to get a library card.
- The parent must possess or obtain a valid library card in the UHLS system that is in good standing in order for their child to get a library card.
- Three items are required to register for a new library card: 1. Positive identification – (ex. license, other photo ID) 2. Proof of current street address – any piece of mail from the last 30 days verifying your physical current address, not a post office box # and 3. Date of birth.
East Greenbush Community Library – Search the public libary catalog. You will need a library card from them to use their databases and reserve and borrow books.
Upper Hudson Library System Catalog – Within an East Greenbush Library card you may borrow from libraries in Albany and Rensselaer Counties. Books may be sent to your home library by request.
QUESTAR III School Library System – Search other school libraries in the School Library System (materials can be borrowed through interlibrary loan).
Digital Public Library of America – At the Digital Library of America there are books, images, historic records, and audiovisual materials available free to everyone.
WSWHE Library – This is a website out of the Washington-Saratoga BOCES. Please check it out especially the database called BrainPop.
CaDiLaC Online – Capital District Library Council Regional Online Catalog of public, school, academic, and special libraries.
CDLC Digital Collections – This site provides access to digitized copies of material from selected libraries and archives throughout New York State’s Capital Region.
New York Public Library – 92 Locations: The Bronx, Manhattan, and Staten Island
New York State Library – Research Library, Talking Book and Braille Library, and the NY Division of Library Development.
Library of Congress – Use of nation’s oldest federal cultural institution
NY Heritage – NewYorkHeritage.org is a research portal for students, educators, historians, genealogists, and others who are interested in the Empire State’s history.
Schaffer Library – Schaffer Library of Health Sciences at Albany Medical College
Other Libraries in the Area – Addresses, phone numbers and websites of libraries in the area