The East Greenbush Central School District, in conjunction with the East Greenbush Teachers’ Association, operates a district wide Teacher Mentor Program. The initial consideration of this program is to comply with the New York State Education Department mandates for teacher certification. Another consideration is to create an environment in which highly successful veteran teachers share their classroom expertise and knowledge of the district to help teachers new to the profession or district fulfill the district’s mission which is: To promote the maximum growth of each child.
Educational Law Section 3033, as amended by Section 117-b of Chapter 436, states that Boards of Education and Boards of Cooperative Educational Services are authorized to participate in the East Greenbush Central School District Teacher Mentor Program in accordance with said law. The East Greenbush Central School District Board Of Education, in compliance with the law, understands that a District mentoring program shall be developed and implemented consistent with any collective bargaining obligation required by Article XIV of the Civil Service Law. By regulation, any items of the mentoring plan that fall within the purview of Article XIV of the Civil Service Law (Taylor Law) must be negotiated contractually in accord with those provisions.
Establishing and sustaining the East Greenbush Central School District Teacher Mentor Program carries with it the fiscal responsibility for implementation and maintenance. The Board of Education commits its support to this end. A successful and exemplary program for teachers is the ultimate goal of the East Greenbush School Board of Education.
|August 31, 2023
- Roy Stiles, Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction
- Melissa Gilligan, Mentor Program Facilitator
- Alison Hosier, EGTA Representative
- Frank DiDonato, Teacher – Columbia
- Lalena DeMarco, Teacher – Goff
- Sarah Lussier, Teacher – Bell Top
- Tonya Maxstadt, Teacher – DPS
- Amy Morgan, Teacher – Red Mill
- Joan Davis, Teacher – Genet
- Denise Romer, Teacher – Green Meadow
- Lauren Davis, Teacher – CTAEP
- Michael Harkin, Principal – Columbia
- James McHugh, Interim Principal – Goff
- Wayne Grignon, Principal – Genet
- Helen Squillace, Principal – Red Mill
- Martin Mahar, Principal – Bell Top
- Ed Kilmartin, Assistant Principal – Columbia High School
- Patricia Farnan, Assistant Principal – Columbia High School
- Michele Skumurski, Board of Education
- Mike Buono, Board of Education (alternate)