The East Greenbush Central School District Board of Education approved a rezoning plan for Bell Top, Citizen Genet and Red Mill Elementary Schools at its public meeting on March 13, 2019. The Attendance Zones Transition Plan adjusted attendance zones for the three schools to address growing enrollment in the Bell Top zone.
The changes have enabled the district to maintain its class size goals, alleviate space concerns at Bell Top, maintain efficiencies of staffing levels and transportation services and provide continuity of instruction to all students.
It is important to note, the changes do not affect students who currently attend these schools or incoming students who will have siblings in these schools.
Attendance Zones Transition Plan
- Newly registered students who A) live in the transition attendance zones and B) do not have an older sibling already attending one of the elementary schools, will be enrolled at the new school.
- Students who currently attend any elementary school at any grade may continue to attend that school, along with their newly enrolled siblings.
- Bell Top border zone neighborhoods will be redesignated to Red Mill or Citizen Genet Elementary Schools. View District Map and Attendance Zones.
- New Attendance Zones for Red Mill
- Governors Square and 3rd Avenue Extension (Capital Place, Rosebud Court, Third Avenue Extension between Route 4 and Rosebud Court)
- Oak Hill Apartments (Oak Hill Circle, Laura Lane, Van Alstyne Drive, Rock Cut Road)
- Partridge Hill Apartments (Valley View Boulevard)
- Van Allen Apartments (Van Allen Way, Washington Avenue Extension)
- Stonegate Apartments (Stonegate Drive, Valley View Boulevard)
- Washington Avenue Cluster (Hazel Terrace, Farley Drive, Elizabeth Street, George Street, Delaware Avenue, Illinois Avenue, Wisconsin Avenue, Indiana Avenue, Walker Avenue, Ohio Avenue, Maryland Avenue, Missouri Avenue, California Avenue, Florida Avenue, Minnesota Avenue, Iowa Avenue, Michigan Avenue, Washington Avenue Extension)
- West Side Route 4 Cluster (Bloomingrove Drive West, Dixon Road west of Route 4, Ludlow Lane)
- New Attendance Zones for Citizen Genet
- Best Road Cluster (Mara Drive, Miller Road, Scythe Tree Lane, Red Oak Lane, Western View Terrace, Best Road between Route 43 and Morner Road)
- East Side Route 4 Cluster (Agway Drive, Grandview Drive, Thompson Court)
- Morner Road Cluster (Morner Road)
- Dutch Acres South (Brinker Drive South, Van Dyke Drive South, Van Tassel Drive, Van Leuven Drive South, Van Winkle Drive, Olga Lane, Forest Hills Boulevard, Salisbury Road, Route 43 between Route 4 and Salisbury Road)
- New Attendance Zones for Red Mill
- The Center for Therapeutic Academic Excellence Program (CTAEP) has been moved to the Citizen Genet Elementary School in September 2019, freeing up three classrooms in Bell Top for student sections
The rezoning plan was formed by district administrators after reviewing enrollment projections in the fall of 2018, which showed continued growth in the Town of North Greenbush. In consultation with the principals and Director of Pupil Personnel Services, the Central Office Administrative team developed a preliminary plan for community review and comment. Three public presentations were held in January 2019.
Additionally, the district completed a K-5 Redistricting Study to provide a long-term view of enrollment projections and its impact on each of the school attendance zones.
- Updated District Map Published (May 13, 2019)
- Board of Education Approves Rezoning Plan for Bell Top, Genet and Red Mill (March 14, 2019)
- Update to Rezoning Proposal for Bell Top, Citizen Genet and Red Mill (March 8, 2019)
- District Hosts First Meeting for K-5 Redistricting Study (March 1, 2019)
- Board of Education Approves K-5 Redistricting Study (February 14, 2019)
- FAQ: Center for Therapeutic Academic Excellence Program (February 1, 2019)
- District Hosts First Two Community Meetings on Proposed Changes to School Boundaries for Bell Top, Genet and Red Mill (January 9, 2019)
- FAQ: Proposed Changes to School Boundaries for Bell Top, Genet and Red Mill Elementary Schools (January 3, 2019)
- District to Host Informational Meetings About Proposed Changes to School Boundaries for Bell Top, Genet and Red Mill (December 19, 2018)