The East Greenbush Central School District may close schools or delay starting times due to weather-related conditions or other emergencies. The District’s primary goal is to keep students and staff safe.
In the event of severe weather, the District may delay the opening of school or close schools altogether using a variety of resources, including:
- Road condition reports
- The time snow starts and the amount of snow
- Weather predictions for the morning and afternoon hours
- Building conditions (power and heat)
- Condition of school buses
- Weather warnings from National Weather Service
- Consultation with local towns and police agencies
The District communicates delays and closings through a variety of channels.
- Email and text notifications
- District website
- District Facebook and Twitter pages
- Albany Times Union
- Local TV stations (CBS6, News10, WNYT Channel 13, Spectrum News)
- Area radio stations
Early dismissals and emergencies during the school day will also be communicated through email and phone messages.
For more information, read our School Delay and Closing FAQ.