In an effort to accommodate the increased number of students being dropped off and picked up by parents, new procedures have been developed to increase safety and reduce congestion in the front of the school. Please be patient and understanding as we implement these new procedures. You can expect delays while parents, guardians, and staff become familiar with these new procedures.
Morning Drop Off
- Drop off between 8:40 and 9:00. Drivers should enter off of Troy Rd. and follow the road to the GCC/Cafeteria Entrance. East Greenbush Police will be available to help direct traffic.
- Drive slowly in a single file and please pull all the way up to the entrance.
- A staff member will take the student’s temperature upon exiting the vehicle. The driver should not leave until the temperature is taken. Any student with a temperature 100 or higher will not be permitted entry and will need to stay with the driver.
- Drivers will then leave Genet by following the road up past Romer Pop Warner Field to Elliot Road. Drivers will not be able to drive around Genet as buses will be unloading at that time.
- Any students arriving after 9:15 AM will need to be escorted into the building and signed in at the main entrance through the main lobby.
Afternoon Pick Up
- Drivers with last names beginning with the letters A – L should arrive between 2:50 and 3:00. Drivers with last names beginning M-Z should arrive between 3:00 and 3:10. Drivers should remain in vehicles.
- Enter off of Troy Rd. and proceed slowly to the Cafeteria/GCC Entrance (across from the Playground). Give the name(s) of the student(s) you will be picking up to the staff member.
- Written permission is required for anyone picking up a student other than a legal guardian. Every effort should be made to submit the information to the main office prior to 1:00 PM. Email: Mrs. Giordano at firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 518-477-4466.
- Please NOTE: When dismissal begins, we will be unable to pull students off the bus. Please make every effort to notify the Main Office of your intention to pick up your child if you are not a family who has indicated daily drop-off/pick-up from the transportation survey.
- Students will be socially distanced in the cafeteria or gymnasium with masks while waiting to be picked up.
- If our staff is unfamiliar with you, please be prepared to show identification.
- Families that are walking their child to school should do so by walking them to the GCC/Cafeteria entrance at the rear of Genet Elementary School.
- Walkers can arrive starting at 8:40 AM and 9:00 AM.
- A staff member will take the student’s temperature prior to entering the building. Any student with a temperature of 100 or higher will not be permitted entry and will need to return home.
All students, staff and visitors on school property, including schools, parking lots, fields and buses, must wear a face covering (cloth mask or surgical mask that covers the mouth and nose). Bandanas and neck gaiters will not be permitted. The only times that masks will not be required is for eating/drinking and during designated mask breaks at the discretion of the teacher and within the parameters established by the school.
Schools/buses will have disposable face masks for any student who does not have a mask.
Only those with medically documented reasons for not wearing face coverings would be exempt from this mandate.
Daily Health Screenings/Temperature Checks
Temperature checks and submitting the COVID-19 Screening Form are required of parents daily before students leave for school. We recommend parents fill out the online screening form at home and submit it digitally. It is not necessary for K-5 students to bring hard copy forms with them to school.
Please check your children for the following COVID-19 symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
School staff will also perform temperature checks of students when they arrive at school. These checks will remain outside as students enter the building through multiple exits. Students cannot be permitted to enter a building without a temperature check and submitting the Daily Health Screening Form.
If a student has a fever (100 degrees or higher), they will be sent to the designated isolation room to be evaluated by a school nurse. Parents will be contacted immediately and asked to come pick up their child.