In an effort to accommodate the increased number of students being dropped off and picked up by parents, procedures have been developed to increase safety and reduce congestion in the front of the school. Please be patient and understanding as we implement these procedures to start the school year.
Morning Drop Off
- Drop off between 8:40 and 8:55 a.m. Drivers should enter off Troy Rd. and follow the road to the GCC/Cafeteria Entrance (yellow arrows denoted above). East Greenbush Police will be available to help direct traffic.
- Drive slowly in a single file and please pull all the way up to the entrance.
- Drivers will then leave Genet by following the road up past Romer Pop Warner Field to Elliot Road. Drivers will not be able to drive around Genet as buses will be unloading at that time.
- Any students arriving after 8:55 AM will need to be escorted into the building and signed in at the main entrance through the main lobby.
Afternoon Pick Up
- Families can begin lining up starting at 2:45 p.m.
- Enter off of Troy Rd. and proceed slowly to the Cafeteria/GCC Entrance (across from the Playground). Give the name(s) of the student(s) you will be picking up to the staff member.
- Written permission is required for anyone picking up a student other than a legal guardian. Please send a written note to school with your child indicating a change in pick-up. If an unforeseen circumstance arises, you may contact Mrs. Giordano at 518- 207-2681. You will need to confirm with a follow-up e-mail to Mrs. Giordano at email@example.com. Every effort should be made to submit the information to the main office prior to 1:00 p.m.
- Please NOTE: When dismissal begins, we will be unable to pull students off the bus.
- Students will be socially distanced in the cafeteria with masks while waiting.
- If our staff is unfamiliar with you, please be prepared to show identification.
- Families that are walking their child to school should do so by walking them to the GCC/Cafeteria entrance at the rear of Genet Elementary School.
- Walkers can arrive starting at 8:40 a.m.
- A staff member will take the student’s temperature prior to entering the building. Any student with a temperature of 100 or higher will not be permitted entry and will need to return home.
Daily Health Screenings
Parents/guardians are asked to check their children for COVID-19 symptoms each morning. Students exhibiting one of the following symptoms should not be sent to school that day. Please keep your child at home and call your family doctor.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting