Mr. Sankey, Faculty Advisor, for the Physical Education Sports Club and physical education teachers, Mrs. Russell, Mrs. Shattuck and Mr. Marion serve as core members of this great club. Under their guidance and supervision, they work with students to discuss concerns and brainstorm solutions to address situations surrounding all students when it comes to creating fun for the entire student body.
The PE Sports Clubs is run and operated by student representatives in 6th, 7th and 8th grades. The mission is to help those students that are in dire need of assistance, and to ensure that all students in our middle school are provided the necessary physical education resources to enrich their lives through sports and recreation. In addition, the Club’s purpose extends beyond the typical realm of purchasing new and repairing existing sports equipment in our school. Members of this club help raise money to aid in the financial assistance for so many of our students at Goff Middle School.
If you love sports or not and are looking to make a difference, what are your waiting for? Get involved in this wonderful sports club. Please see Mr. Sankey or speak with your PE teacher about how to join.
PE Sports Club Events
- Faculty Volleyball Battle – Thursday, November 2, 2017
- The Annual Faculty Volleyball Battle is scheduled for November 2 at 4:00 p.m. in the Columbia High School gymnasium. Participating schools in our district take part in fun-filled volleyball games. All are welcome to attend these games. If you would like to make a $1.00 donation and/or bring a non-perishable food item at the event to help support Questar’s and Life Skills Thanksgiving Luncheon Celebration that would be fantastic! Come out and cheer on your staff as they battle their way to victory.
- Pajama Movie Night – Saturday, December 2, 2017
- All students and staff are welcome to attend a fun night at the movies in the Goff gymnasium. Tickets are $5.00 and refreshments will be sold to help you enjoy the movie. Prize drawings as well as other surprises will be in store for all. Doors open at 6:00 p.m. and the movie starts at 7:00 p.m. Come out and enjoy the night with your friends at Goff.
- Community/Staff Basketball Game – TBA
- The annual Community/Staff Basketball Game is always an exciting time for students and staff. We offer many games and prizes prior to the featured game. More importantly, this fundraiser successfully brings all of our schools and community together for one great night of entertainment. All staff members are invited to play. If you are a local business owner and would like to play, or make a small donation to our club, we would love to have you play. If any staff member would like to assist our department in helping out in some other capacity, such as preparing a baked good or set up, please stop in to see Mr. Sankey.
- Goff Marathon – TBA
- Marathoners must run or run/walk at least 25 miles between April 18 and May 22. You can run 1 mile every day for 25 days, or you can run/walk 5 miles on 5 different days. On Marathon Day, we will run the last 1.2 miles together after school at Goff. The total distance will be equivalent to an actual marathon: 26.2 miles!
- Color Me Rad Run/Walk – TBA
- Goff Field Day – Wednesday, June 21, 2017
- This day will be packed with fun-filled events for students and staff to cap off the school year. New this year are Field Day t-shirts in assorted colors for students to purchase for $10.00 to demonstrate grade level school spirit. Hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, ice cream and more will be available. (Students should bring an extra set of clothing.)