In an effort to accommodate the increased number of students being dropped off and picked up by parents, new procedures have been developed to increase safety and reduce congestion in the front of the school. Please be patient and understanding as we implement these new procedures. You can expect delays while parents, guardians, and staff become familiar with these new procedures.
Morning Drop Off
- Drop off between 8:50 and 9:10. Do not come early or you may interfere with the Sackett Center Drop Off. Our school day starts at 9:15.
- Drive slowly in a single file.
- Students with last names beginning with the letters A-M should arrive between 8:50 – 9:00.
- Students with last names beginning with the letters N-Z should arrive between 9:00 and 9:10. If you are carpooling, go with the driver’s last name.
- Students in Grades 2-5, stop at the back wing (blue star in the diagram.) A staff member will take the student’s temperature upon exiting the vehicle. The driver should not leave until the temperature is taken. Any student with a temperature 100 or higher will not be permitted entry and will need to stay with the driver.
- Students in grades K and 1 should proceed to the parking lot behind the gym for temperature screening (green star in the diagram.)
- Any students arriving after 9:15 will need to be escorted into the building and signed in at the main entrance vestibule.
Afternoon Pick Up – All pick-ups behind the gym (Green Star in diagram)
- Parents will not come into the building for P.M. dismissal.
- Enter through the Sackett Center parking lot and proceed slowly to the Gym Parking lot.
- A staff member will greet you as you drive up, get the student name from you, and radio into our dismissal team in the gymnasium. You will sign your child out on the staff member’s clipboard.
- Students will be socially distanced with masks and supervised in the gymnasium while waiting to be picked up.
- Students with last names beginning with the letters A – M should arrive between 3:20 and 3:30. Students with last names beginning M-Z should arrive between 3:30 and 3:40. If you are carpooling, please go by the driver’s last name. Drivers should remain in vehicles.
- Written permission is required for anyone picking up a student other than a legal guardian. Every effort should be made to submit the information to the main office prior to 12:00. Email Joanne Nolette at: NolettJo@egcsd.org or Angela Adams at AdamsAn@egcsd.org.
- If our staff is unfamiliar with you, please be prepared to show identification.
All students, staff and visitors on school property, including schools, parking lots, fields and buses, must wear a face covering (cloth mask or surgical mask that covers the mouth and nose). Bandanas and neck gaiters will not be permitted. The only times that masks will not be required is for eating/drinking and during designated mask breaks at the discretion of the teacher and within the parameters established by the school.
Schools/buses will have disposable face masks for any student who does not have a mask.
Only those with medically documented reasons for not wearing face coverings would be exempt from this mandate.
Daily Health Screenings/Temperature Checks
Temperature checks and submitting the Health Screening Form are required of parents daily before students leave for school. We recommend parents fill out the online screening form at home and submit it digitally. It is not necessary for K-5 students to bring hard copy forms with them to school.
Please check your children for the following COVID-19 symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
School staff will also perform temperature checks of students when they arrive at school. These checks will remain outside as students enter the building through multiple exits. Students cannot be permitted to enter a building without a temperature check and submitting the Daily Health Screening Form.
If a student has a fever (100 degrees or higher), they will be sent to the designated isolation room to be evaluated by a school nurse. Parents will be contacted immediately and asked to come pick up their child.