In an effort to accommodate the increased number of students being dropped off and picked up by parents, procedures have been developed to increase safety and reduce congestion in the front of the school. We encourage all families to use our buses as a safe, and the most efficient means of arrival and dismissal each day. If you plan on driving your child, please email Mrs. Joanne Nolette at firstname.lastname@example.org to alert us as soon as possible.
Morning Drop Off
- School opens at 9:00 a.m. Our school day starts at 9:15 a.m.
- Drive slowly in a single file.
- Students in Grades 2-5, stop at the back wing (blue star in the diagram).
- Students in grades K and 1 should proceed to the parking lot behind the gym for temperature screening (green star in the diagram).
- Any students arriving after 9:15 a.m. will need to be escorted into the building by a parent/guardian and signed in at the main entrance vestibule.
Afternoon Pick Up – All pick-ups behind the gym (Green Star in diagram)
- Parents will not come into the building for P.M. dismissal.
- Enter through the Sackett Center parking lot and proceed slowly to the Gym Parking lot.
- A staff member will greet you as you drive up, get the student name from you, and radio into our dismissal team in the gymnasium. You will sign your child out on the staff member’s clipboard.
- Students with last names beginning with the letters A – M should arrive between 3:20 and 3:30 p.m. Students with last names beginning M-Z should arrive between 3:30 and 3:40 p.m. If you are carpooling, please go by the driver’s last name. Drivers should remain in vehicles.
- Written permission is required for anyone picking up a student other than a legal guardian. Every effort should be made to submit the information to the main office prior to 12:00 p.m. Email Joanne Nolette at: NolettJo@egcsd.org or Angela Adams at AdamsAn@egcsd.org.
- If our staff is unfamiliar with you, please be prepared to show identification.
Face masks covering both the mouth and nose will be required for all students, staff and visitors inside schools and on school buses regardless of vaccination status. Bandanas and neck gaiters will not be permitted.
Masks will be optional when outdoors on school property.
Students will be provided mask breaks when seated in class and socially distanced.
Only those with medically documented reasons for not wearing face coverings would be exempt from this mandate.
School staff will conduct temperature checks of students as they enter school each day. If a student has a fever (100 degrees or higher), they will be sent to the designated isolation room to be evaluated by a school nurse. Parents will be contacted immediately and asked to come pick up their child.
Daily Health Screenings
Parents/guardians are asked to check their children for COVID-19 symptoms each morning. Students exhibiting one of the following symptoms should not be sent to school that day. Please keep your child at home and call your family doctor.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
The Health Screening Form from last year does not need to be submitted.