In an effort to accommodate the increased number of students being dropped off and picked up by parents, new procedures have been developed to increase safety and reduce congestion in the front of the school. Please be patient and understanding as we implement these new procedures. You can expect delays while parents, guardians, and staff become familiar with these new procedures.
Morning Drop Off
- Drop off between 8:50 and 9:10. The school day starts at 9:15.
- Students with last names beginning with the letters A – M should arrive between 8:50-9:00 a.m.
- Students with last names beginning N-Z should arrive between 8:55-9:10 a.m. If you are carpooling, please go by the driver’s last name. Drivers should remain in vehicles.
- Drive slowly in a single file. Vehicles should hug the right side of the road as you come down the drive. (Buses will be driving in the clearly painted bus lane on the left side of the drive).
- As in past years, students should be dropped at the red painted curb, that has a large Drop – Off sign hanging above.
- A staff member will take the student’s temperature upon exiting the vehicle. The driver should not leave until the temperature is taken. Any student with a temperature 100 or higher will not be permitted entry and will need to stay with the driver.
- Students will then enter the building through the gym door near the parent drop off area.
- As you exit the parking lot, go directly to the back row of the parking lot to make your exit, so as to not pass the buses.
- Any students arriving after 9:15 will need to be escorted by a parent into the building and signed in at the main entrance vestibule. Afternoon Pick Up
- Parents will not come into the building for the p.m. dismissal.
- This year, pick up will take place at the same location as a.m. drop off (Red Curb under Parent Drop-Off Sign)
- A staff member will greet you as you drive up, get the student name from you, and radio in to our dismissal team in the gymnasium.
- You will sign your child(ren) out on the staff member’s clipboard.
- Students will be socially distanced with masks and supervised in the gymnasium while waiting to be picked up.
- Parents of students with last names beginning with the letters A – M should arrive between 3:20 and 3:30. Parents of students with last names beginning N-Z should arrive between 3:30 and 3:40. If you are carpooling, please go by the driver’s last name. Drivers should remain in vehicles.
All students, staff and visitors on school property, including schools, parking lots, fields and buses, must wear a face covering (cloth mask or surgical mask that covers the mouth and nose). Bandanas and neck gaiters will not be permitted. The only times that masks will not be required is for eating/drinking and during designated mask breaks at the discretion of the teacher and within the parameters established by the school.
Schools/buses will have disposable face masks for any student who does not have a mask.
Only those with medically documented reasons for not wearing face coverings would be exempt from this mandate.
Daily Health Screenings/Temperature Checks
Temperature checks and submitting the Health Screening Form are required of parents daily before students leave for school. We recommend parents fill out the online screening form at home and submit it digitally.
Please check your children for the following COVID-19 symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
School staff will also perform temperature checks of students when they arrive at school. These checks will remain outside as students enter the building through multiple exits. Students cannot be permitted to enter a building without a temperature check and submitting the Daily Health Screening Form.
If a student has a fever (100 degrees or higher), they will be sent to the designated isolation room to be evaluated by a school nurse. Parents will be contacted immediately and asked to come pick up their child.