In an effort to accommodate the increased number of students being dropped off and picked up by parents, procedures have been developed to increase safety and reduce congestion in the front of the school.
Morning Drop Off
- School opens at 9:00 a.m. We will begin unloading students at 8:55 a.m.
- Our instructional day starts promptly at 9:15.
- Drive slowly in a single file.
- Vehicles should hug the right side of the road as you come down the drive. (Buses will be driving in the clearly painted bus lane on the left side of the drive).
- Drop-off is at the Red Curb on the front right side of the building.
- Drivers should remain in vehicles.
- Staff will be at the curb to assist students as they exit your vehicle.
- As you exit the parking lot, go directly to the back row of the parking lot to make your exit from the lot, so as to not pass the buses.
- Any students arriving after 9:15 will need to be escorted into the building.
Afternoon Pick Up
- The school day ends at 3:30 p.m. Students with Parent Pick-Up will be dismissed from the Gymnasium Door, beginning at 3:25 p.m.
- Parents will not come into the building for P.M. dismissal.
- Proceed slowly to the Red Curb on the front right side of the building (same as a.m. arrival).
- A staff member (Mrs. Herrington) will greet you in the car line, and you will sign your child out on the clipboard.
- Another staff member (Mrs. Cook) will get the student name from you, and radio into our dismissal team in the gymnasium. Drivers remain in vehicles.
- Written permission is required for anyone picking up a student other than a legal guardian. Every effort should be made to submit information regarding an alternate pick-up to the main office prior to 12:00. Email Denise Chiacchia at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Carissa Spencer at email@example.com.
- If our staff is unfamiliar with you, please be prepared to show identification upon request.
Face masks are optional inside schools and on school buses regardless of vaccination status, effective March 2, 2022.
Masks are also optional when outdoors on school property.
Daily Health Screenings
Parents/guardians are asked to check their children for COVID-19 symptoms each morning. Students exhibiting one of the following symptoms should not be sent to school that day. Please keep your child at home and call your family doctor.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
The Health Screening Form from last year does not need to be submitted.