This school year is going by very quickly and it is hard to believe that today is March 1st. Although spring will soon be on the way, we still have a few weeks of winter left. There will be plenty of cold and snowy weather and students should continue to bring appropriate clothing when they arrive to school.
Mr. Simons will be presenting the proposed district budget at the April 1st PTO meeting here at Bell Top. The meeting will be held in the cafeteria and begin at 7:00 p.m.
Bell Top school has begun their third year of supporting the Ronald McDonald House by participating in the Read for Ronald McDonald House fundraising program. We held a school-wide launch assembly on February 13th.
Next month the students in grades 3 through 5 will be taking the New York State English Language Arts Assessment. The exams are now being administered over 2 days and will have no time limit as long as the students are working productively.
The days for the NYS ELA Exam administration are Tuesday, April 2nd, and Wednesday, April 3rd. Make-up days will range from April 5th through April 9th. You can prepare your child for these exams as you do every day by making sure they are well rested, have eaten a healthy breakfast, and are feeling minimal stress about the test days ahead. They should try their personal best, as they do here every day at Bell Top.
Principal of Bell Top Elementary School
March Important Dates
- 3/4 – End of Marking Period for K-5
- 3/8 – Bell Top Parent/Staff Gala
- 3/10 – Daylight Savings Time Begins
- 3/12 – Report Cards Go Home
- 3/13 – Spring Picture Day
- 3/13 – BOE Meeting @ 7:00 p.m. – Genet Auditorium
- 3/14 – ½ day – K-5 Parent Conferences – Dismissal 11:30
- 3/15 – No School – K-12 Professional Development Day
- 3/17 – St. Patrick’s Day
- 3/20 – First Day of Spring
- 3/27 – BOE Meeting @ 7:00 p.m. – Administration Ctr.
- 3/25 – 3/29 PTO Book Fair
- 4/1 – PTO Meeting/Budget Review Session @ 7:00 p.m. (Cafeteria)
- 4/2 & 4/3 – NYS ELA Exams for grades 3-5