The East Greenbush CSD uses tests throughout the school year to evaluate what students have learned and to determine future instruction. The District also administers state-mandated tests throughout a student’s K-12 education, including the grades 3-8 math and ELA tests each spring and Regents Exams required for graduation.
2020-21 Testing Schedule
- April 20-22: NYS Grades 3-8 ELA (Paper-Based)
- May 4-6: NYS Grades 3-8 Mathematics (Paper-Based)
- Window of May 25-June 4: NYS Grade 8 Science Performance Test
- June 2: Regents Examination in U.S. History and Government
- June 7: NYS Grade 8 Science Written Test
- June 16-24: Regents and Local Examinations
- August 12-13: August Regents Examinations
The SAT is an entrance exam used by most colleges and universities to make admissions decisions. The SAT is a multiple-choice, pencil-and-paper test created and administered by the College Board. Students typically take the exam in the spring of Junior year and in the fall of Senior year.
- The SAT is 3 hours and costs $52. If you add the optional essay, the test is 3 hours, 50 minutes and costs $68.
- Late registration or a change to an existing registration costs an extra $30.
- Certain 11th and 12th grade students who meet income-based eligibility criteria may be eligible for a fee waiver
- Sign up on the College Board website
- SAT Free Study Resources:
- 7 days free test prep for the SATs: https://www.kaptest.com/sat/free/sat-on-demand-trial
- Khan Academy:https://www.khanacademy.org/test-prep/sat
- College Board:https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/practice
Columbia High School has canceled its administration of SAT Exams through December 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The canceled dates include: September 26, October 3, November 7 and December 5.
PSAT (Practice SAT)
The PSAT/NMSQT is the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test. The PSAT is a great primer for the SAT, and even the ACT, but it’s more than just a trial run. PSAT scores are used to identify National Merit Scholars and award merit scholarships in their junior year. This exam is recommended for Juniors and Honors English Sophomores in the fall.
- The PSAT is 2 hours, 45 minutes long
- Multiple-choice test in Math and Evidence-Based Reading and Writing
- Costs $18.00 (2019-20)
- Offered here at CHS in the fall
- Counselors will go into English classrooms to provide students registration information in September
The Pre-ACT is recommended for Sophomores and is offered at Columbia High School during Regents Week in January.
- The Pre-ACT is 2 hours, 10 minutes but an additional 60 minutes for pre-administration activities
- Multiple-choice test
- Costs $16.00 (2018-19)
- Counselors will go into English classrooms to provide students registration information in December
The College Board is planning to administer AP exams in the traditional pencil and paper format (which is subject to change) in May 2021. Any changes will be communicated prior to testing by the College Board.
Columbia High School will be offering the following AP exams this year during the AP testing window of May 3–7 and May 10–14, 2021.
|Week 1||Morning 8 a.m.|
|Afternoon 12 noon|
|Monday, May 3, 2021||Physics C: Mechanics||Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism|
|Tuesday, May 4, 2021||Calculus AB|
|Wednesday, May 5, 2021||English Literature and Composition||Physics 1: Algebra-Based|
|Thursday, May 6, 2021||United States History||Computer Science A|
|Friday, May 7, 2021||Chemistry|
|Week 2||Morning 8 a.m.|
|Afternoon 12 noon|
|Monday, May 10, 2021||World History: Modern|
|Tuesday, May 11, 2021|
|Wednesday, May 12, 2021||English Language and Composition||Microeconomics|
|Thursday, May 13, 2021|
|Friday, May 14, 2021||Biology||Environmental Science|