The East Greenbush CSD uses tests throughout the school year to evaluate what students have learned and to determine future instruction. The District also administers state-mandated tests throughout a student’s K-12 education, including the grades 3-8 math and ELA tests each spring and Regents Exams required for graduation.
2022-23 Testing Schedule
- January Regents Exams
- Tuesday, January 24 – Friday, January 27
- NYS Grades 3-8 ELA Exam
- Wednesday, April 19 – Friday, April 21
- NYS Grades 3-8 Math Exam
- Tuesday, May 2 – Thursday, May 4
- NYS Grades 4 and 8 Science Written Exams
- Monday, June 5
- NYS Grade 8 Science Performance Test
- Tuesday, May 23 – Friday, June 2
- June Regents Exams
- Wednesday, June 14 – Friday, June 16
- Tuesday, June 20 – Friday, June 23
- August Regents Exams
- Wednesday, August 16 – Thursday, August 17
The SAT is an entrance exam used by most colleges and universities to make admissions decisions. The SAT is a multiple-choice, pencil-and-paper test created and administered by the College Board. Students typically take the exam in the spring of Junior year and in the fall of Senior year.
- The SAT is 3 hours and costs $52. If you add the optional essay, the test is 3 hours, 50 minutes and costs $68.
- Late registration or a change to an existing registration costs an extra $30.
- Certain 11th and 12th grade students who meet income-based eligibility criteria may be eligible for a fee waiver
- Sign up on the College Board website
- SAT Free Study Resources:
- 7 days free test prep for the SATs: https://www.kaptest.com/sat/free/sat-on-demand-trial
- Khan Academy:https://www.khanacademy.org/test-prep/sat
- College Board:https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/practice
PSAT (Practice SAT)
The PSAT/NMSQT is the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test. The PSAT is a great primer for the SAT, and even the ACT, but it’s more than just a trial run. PSAT scores are used to identify National Merit Scholars and award merit scholarships in their junior year. This exam is recommended for Juniors and Honors English Sophomores in the fall.
- The PSAT is 2 hours, 45 minutes long
- Multiple-choice test in Math and Evidence-Based Reading and Writing
- Costs $18.00 (2019-20)
- Offered here at CHS in the fall
- Counselors will go into English classrooms to provide students registration information in September
The Pre-ACT is recommended for Sophomores and is offered at Columbia High School during Regents Week in January.
- The Pre-ACT is 2 hours, 10 minutes but an additional 60 minutes for pre-administration activities
- Multiple-choice test
- Costs $16.00 (2018-19)
- Counselors will go into English classrooms to provide students registration information in December
The College Board is planning to administer AP exams in the traditional pencil and paper format (which is subject to change) in May 2023. Any changes will be communicated prior to testing by the College Board.
Columbia High School will be offering the following AP exams this year during the AP testing window of May 1–5 and May 8–11, 2023.
|Monday, May 1, 2023||Chemistry|
|Tuesday, May 2, 2023||Environmental Science|
|Wednesday, May 3, 2023||English Literature and Composition||Physics 1: Algebra-Based|
|Friday, May 5, 2023||U.S. History||Microeconomics|
|Monday, May 8, 2023||Calculus AB
|Tuesday, May 9, 2023||English Language and Composition||Physics C Mechanics
Physics C Electricity & Magnetism
|Wednesday, May 10, 2023||Biology|
|Thursday, May 11, 2023||World History||Physics 1 Algebra Based|