All students take music in elementary and middle school. Students take general music in grades K-5. Additionally, all fourth grade students take chorus and fifth grade students have the opportunity to join the school chorus, band or orchestra program.
- General Music (required for all students)
- Chorus 4 and 5
- Band 5
- Orchestra 5
- Teachers – Maggie Glennie, Jacqui Nagy, Lawrence Perez, Megan Scolaro, Jon Tario
- General Music (for students not in a performing group)
- After school opportunities – jazz band, drama club, guitar club
- Teachers – David Bresnahan, Hannah Decker, Nathan Lawrence
- Concert Band
- Symphonic Band
- Chamber Singers
- Chamber Orchestra
- Music Theory
- After school opportunities – jazz band, rock orchestra, drama club
- Teachers – Shellie Badger, Sue Chrzan, Scott Halliday, Jon Kusche
Columbia graduates have attended prestigious music universities including:
- Berklee College of Music
- College of St. Rose
- Eastman School of Music
- Hartt School of Music
- Hartwick College
- Ithaca College
- Juilliard Pre-College
- Manhattan School of Music
- Oberlin Conservatory
- SUNY Fredonia
- Crane School of Music at SUNY Potsdam
- SUNY Purchase
Click here for more information about the East Greenbush Music Program.
2023 District-wide Choral Festival - For the first time in three years, students from across the East Greenbush Central School District gathered at Columbia High School to perform at the District-wide Choral Festival on Thursday morning.
Caitlin Weinheimer Selected to All State Music Festival - Columbia junior Caitlin Weinheimer was chosen to participate in the Conference All State Symphony Orchestra in Rochester earlier this month. Congratulations!
Columbia Musicians Bring Holiday Spirit to Empire State Plaza - Four different ensembles from Columbia High School performed a free holiday concert for the public at the Empire State Plaza in Albany on Friday. The songs included holiday classics such as "Carol of the Bells," "Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow" and "White Christmas."