The Board of Education is comprised of nine volunteer members from the community who are elected by voters to establish policy and set direction for the administration of the school district. Public meetings are held twice monthly. The Board, which is sensitive to community needs, aspirations and available resources, encourages community participation and support for the schools.
|Board Member||Term Expiration Date|
|Michael Buono, President||June 30, 2023|
|Kathleen Curtin||June 30, 2023|
|John J. Dunn, Jr.||June 30, 2021|
|Mark Mann, Vice President||June 30, 2023|
|Jennifer Massey||June 30, 2021|
|Deanna Muth, Assistant Clerk||June 30, 2022|
|Michele Skumurski||June 30, 2022|
|JoAnn Taylor, Deputy Treasurer||June 30, 2021|
|Frank K. Yeboah||May 18, 2021|
If you would like to contact the Board of Education, please email email@example.com.
Click here to learn more about the Board members.
About the Board of Education
The East Greenbush Central School District Board of Education is a team comprised of nine volunteer community members. Each of them is elected by District voters and serve three-year terms. The Board of Education acts in accordance with New York State law and regulations established by the Commissioner of the New York State Department of Education. The Board of Education is sensitive to the needs of its community. It responds by listening to the aspirations of its neighbors, and responds within the means of available resources. The Board accomplishes these goals in a variety of ways:
- Publishing a clear manual of policies
- Drafting and discussing openly an annual budget to be approved by voters
- Connecting the Central Administrative team to the community
- Working with the Central Administrative team in ratifying personnel matters
The Board of Education encourages community involvement. Residents are invited to join the Board at its meetings, which are held twice monthly. Locations are selected at various school buildings across the District, with the purpose that the Board may best reach all of the people it represents. The Board communicates with the public by way of this website, Facebook, and Twitter. It also publishes an annual comprehensive newsletter which provides detailed information to District residents about school programs, initiatives, and finances.
The Board of Education and Central Administration team have created a joint email account to receive your questions, comments and concerns. You may contact them by clicking here. A response will be made by the Superintendent of Schools, unless your email is specifically addressed to the Board of Education, in which case the Board President or Vice President will respond on behalf of the Board.
Board of Education Goals (2020-21)
- Academic Excellence
- Study student academic and social emotional data and develop plans to address student learning gaps which are occurring as a result of the modifications of the instructional program due to COVID 19 pandemic
- Review courses and programs for potential changes including phase out of offerings which may no longer address student needs, preserve resources for savings or new programs and initiatives where needed
- Continue to develop ways to monitor, supervise and improve the delivery of instruction through remote and virtual learning
- Effective Delivery of Educational, Human and Fiscal Resources
- Improve HR processes related to building hiring committees, continue initiatives from 2019-20
- Continue positive relationships and communication with families and the community
- Continue to build relationships with and engage families in the school system as we operate differently during COVID 19, ensure assessment of family and community needs
- Increase awareness, involvement and recognition of community and staff in the family food and nutrition programs and backpack programs
- Progressive, innovative and safe environment and culture
- Implement school climate survey and develop an action plan to ensure safe and welcoming climate for everyone within our diverse school community
Board of Education members serve on committees with teachers, administrators, school staff, parents and community members to advise on different areas of the school district. Each of the following committees meet throughout the school year and minutes can be found in Board of Education agendas on BoardDocs.
- Attendance Policy Review Committee
- Budget Review & Advisory Committee (BRAC)
- Calendar Committee
- Code of Conduct Committee
- Committee for Curriculum Study (CCS)
- Education Committee
- Finance and Audit Committee
- Health and Safety Committee
- Health Insurance Review Committee
- Mentor Steering Committee
- Policy Committee
- Special Grants Committee
- Technology Committee
Information on School Board Elections
Individuals interested in running for the Board of Education may obtain information here.