The East Greenbush Central School District is offering a full-day Pre-K Program for eligible 4-year-old students in 2021-22. The program, which is free for families, is tentatively scheduled to start Monday, October 18 for students selected through the lottery process.
A Pre-K application is now available and can be submitted online. The deadline for applications is Wednesday, September 29, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
All applicants will be entered into a lottery. The district will hold a public lottery selection on Tuesday, October 5 at 7:00 p.m. Independent auditors will conduct the lottery and each applicant will be assigned a number prior to the lottery draw. The first 36 students drawn will receive spots in the new Pre-K Program and any other applicants will be added to a waitlist.
New Pre-K Program:
- Two sections of 18 students (a total of 36 students)
- Each class will have one teacher and one teaching assistant
- Located at Red Mill Elementary School and operated by Questar III BOCES
- Students must be 4 years old as of December 1, 2021 and must be district residents
- Students will be selected randomly through a lottery drawing on Tuesday, October 5, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. The lottery will be open to the public, which will take place in the Genet Auditorium
- Program start date is tentatively scheduled for Monday, October 25, 2021
- School day will run 8:15 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- Pre-K Program will follow the East Greenbush CSD school calendar
- No cost to families
- Transportation will not be provided
There will be no tax impact for this program. It is being funded by a state grant ($5,400/student) with the balance being funded by the American Rescue Plan ($4,437/student).
Application and Registration:
- Pre-K Program Application (due Wednesday, September 29 at 4:00 p.m.)
- Pre-K Registration Packet (to be filled out if your child is selected for the Pre-K Program)
Pre-K Lottery Results: