The East Greenbush Central School District is now accepting applications for its 2022-23 Pre-K Program for eligible 4-year-old students. The program, which is free for families, would start on the first day of school in September.
A Pre-K application is now available and can be submitted online. The deadline for applications is Wednesday, April 6, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
All applicants will be entered into a lottery, which will be held Monday, April 11, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. in the Genet Elementary School auditorium. Independent auditors will conduct the lottery and each applicant will be assigned a number prior to the lottery draw.
2022-23 Pre-K Program:
- At least two sections of Pre-K will be offered
- Students must be 4 years old as of December 1, 2022 and must be district residents
- Students selected randomly through a lottery drawing on Monday, April 11, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. The lottery will be open to the public.
- School day will run 8:15 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- Pre-K Program will follow the East Greenbush CSD school calendar
- No cost to families
- Transportation will not be provided
There will be no tax impact for this program. It is being partially funded by state aid ($5,400/student) with the balance being funded by the American Rescue Plan.