Scheduling Change: All Columbia Boys’ and Girls’ Basketball games scheduled for Friday, December 6 have been canceled due to Niskayuna canceling all its after school activities.
Columbia Athletic Highlights
- Six Columbia students made this year’s Capital District Jets hockey team – Anthony Ferrara, Collin Dougherty, Deaglan Baltzel, Carson Kehmna, John Ely and Joshua McKinney. Their first game is scheduled for Saturday, December 7 at 7 p.m. at the Schenectady Co. Recreational Facility against The Storm (Guilderland/Mohanasen/Scotia/Schalmont/Voorheesville). Their first home game is Friday, December 13 at 7:45 p.m. against Oswego at the Albany Co. Hockey Facility. Please come out and support your Hockey team!
- Schuyler Lorette and Logan Plowinske were named to the Times Union First Team All Stars for Girls’ Golf.
- Congratulations to Shea Fajen and Abigail Moxon for being on the Footlocker All Northeast Team medaling in their age group!
- Amanda Lobban, a sophomore defender for SUNY Cortland, was chosen to the 2019 United Soccer Coaches Division III Women’s Soccer All-East Third Team. Cortland won the SUNYAC postseason title this season and clinched an NCAA berth. Congratulations!
- Kyle Gronostaj won the 72nd annual Troy Turkey Trot 5K! He set a new course record with a time of 14:24. Congratulations!
About Columbia Athletics
Columbia is a member of the New York State Public
High School Athletic Association, competing in
Class AA/A in Section II. Columbia offers nearly
70 levels (varsity, junior varsity, freshman and
modified) of interscholastic athletic opportunities
for boys and girls.
- 42 Sectional Titles and 6 State Championships
- 7 NYSPHSAA Sportsmanship Awards (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- 20 of Columbia’s varsity athletic programs had an average GPA of 90 percent or better in 2017-18
962 Luther Rd., East Greenbush, NY 12061
This brochure provides parents with information about e-cigarettes, some of the health risks associated with vaping and tips for how to address this growing issue with teenagers. View Brochure.