Winter and Fall II Sports Updates
The New York State Health Department and Rensselaer County Health Department have given approval for schools to start interscholastic sports. The East Greenbush Central School District Board of Education has responded by approving the start of Winter Sports and Fall II Sports.
- NYS Department of Health Interim Guidance for Sports and Recreation – Updated January 22, 2021
- New York State Public High School Athletics Return to Interscholastic Athletics – Updated January 25, 2021
- CHS Return to Athletics Plan (Winter 2021) – Updated January 29, 2021
- CHS Return to Athletics Plan (Fall II Sports) – Posted February 25, 2021
- Sport Scope Live Streaming – Posted February 11, 2021
- Registration Forms
2020-21 Sports Schedule
|Fall I||COMPLETED||Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Soccer, Girls’ Tennis|
|Winter (Low-Risk)||December 14 – February 12||Bowling|
|Winter (Higher-Risk)||February 3 – March 13||Basketball, Cheer, Ice Hockey, Indoor Track, Wrestling|
|Fall II||March 7 – May 1||Cheer, Football, Volleyball|
|Spring||May 3 – June 25|
(Baseball only starts April 28)
|Baseball, Lacrosse, Outdoor Track, Softball, Boys’ Tennis|
About Columbia Athletics
Columbia is a member of the New York State Public High School Athletic Association, competing in Class AA/A in Section II. Columbia offers nearly 70 levels (varsity, junior varsity, freshman and modified) of interscholastic athletic opportunities for boys and girls.
- 42 Sectional Titles and 6 State Championships
- 8 NYSPHSAA Sportsmanship Awards (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
- 18 of Columbia’s varsity athletic programs had an average GPA of 90 percent or better in 2018-19
This brochure provides parents with information about e-cigarettes, some of the health risks associated with vaping and tips for how to address this growing issue with teenagers. View Brochure.
962 Luther Rd., East Greenbush, NY 12061