The New York State Health Department and Rensselaer County Health Department have given approval for interscholastic sports. The East Greenbush Central School District Board of Education has responded by approving the start of Winter Sports, Fall II Sports and Spring Sports.
- NYS Department of Health Interim Guidance for Sports and Recreation – Updated January 22, 2021
- New York State Public High School Athletics Return to Interscholastic Athletics – Updated March 25, 2021
- CHS Return to Athletics Plan (Winter 2021) – Updated January 29, 2021
- CHS Return to Athletics Plan (Fall II Sports) – Posted February 25, 2021
- CHS Return to Athletics Plan (Spring Sports) – Posted April 14, 2021
- Sport Scope Live Streaming – Posted February 11, 2021
- Registration Forms
Spring Sports Tryouts
Varsity and JV tryouts for Spring Sports begin Sunday, April 25. Modified tryouts begin Monday, May 3. All students must sign up and be cleared by the Health Office prior to tryouts. Tryout Schedules.
All Sports Club Scholarship
Applications for the All Sports Club Scholarship are due Friday, May 21, 2021. Columbia All Sports Club Scholarship Form.
2020-21 Sports Schedule
|Fall I||COMPLETED||Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Soccer, Girls’ Tennis|
|Winter (Higher-Risk)||COMPLETED||Basketball, Cheer, Ice Hockey, Indoor Track, Wrestling|
|Fall II||March 7 – May 1||Cheer, Football, Volleyball|
|Spring||April 25 – June 16||Baseball, Lacrosse, Outdoor Track, Softball, Boys’ Tennis|
About Columbia Athletics
Columbia is a member of the New York State Public High School Athletic Association, competing in Class AA/A in Section II. Columbia offers nearly 70 levels (varsity, junior varsity, freshman and modified) of interscholastic athletic opportunities for boys and girls.
- 42 Sectional Titles and 6 State Championships
- 8 NYSPHSAA Sportsmanship Awards (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
- 18 of Columbia’s varsity athletic programs had an average GPA of 90 percent or better in 2018-19
This brochure provides parents with information about e-cigarettes, some of the health risks associated with vaping and tips for how to address this growing issue with teenagers. View Brochure.
962 Luther Rd., East Greenbush, NY 12061