East Greenbush Central School District is a high-achieving public school district in the Capital Region, located five miles from Albany, N.Y. The District serves approximately 4,000 students in seven schools – one high school, one middle school and five neighborhood elementary schools.
East Greenbush is consistently ranked among the region’s top school districts.
- District ranked 9th among 84 Capital Region school districts (1st in Rensselaer County) by the Albany Business Review
- Columbia High School has a 98% graduation rate, which is 2nd best in the Capital Region
- Voted ‘Best School District’ in the Capital Region in the 2022 Times Union Best of the Capital Region
- Columbia was named a Recognition School (2019 and 2020) and a Reward School in 2018
- Columbia received state sportsmanship award from NYSPHSAA in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 out of nearly 800 member schools
- Two elementary schools have been named National Blue Ribbon Schools by the U.S. Department of Education (Red Mill-2011 and Green Meadow-2021)
- The district has saved an estimated $5.6 million through its energy conservation program over the last 14 years
- Alternative programs offered to at-risk students in high school and middle school
- Students may earn college credits through partnerships with Hudson Valley Community College, SUNY Albany, SUNY Oswego, Schenectady County Community College and Rochester Institute of Technology
- East Greenbush CSD was named a Top Workplace by the Albany Times Union in 2018, 2019 and 2021
The District has an engaged and supportive community. Residents have passed 28 consecutive school budgets (1995-2022) and approved a number of bus propositions and capital projects to protect taxpayer assets.
To make available to all students, a safe learning environment that affords academic excellence in all its programs; provide dedicated and supportive staff; and work in partnership with family and the community with the intent to set up all students for success with their future endeavors.