East Greenbush Central School District values its employees and the important service they provide our students, families and community. This is reflected in a continued commitment to offer professional development to teachers, teaching assistants and support staff throughout the school year.
2022-23 Professional Development Schedule
- Monday, August 29 – Full Day (Superintendent’s Conference Day)
- Tuesday, August 30 – Full Day (Superintendent’s Conference Day)
- Wednesday, August 31 – Full Day (Superintendent’s Conference Day)
- Thursday, September 1 – Full Day
- Friday, November 18 – Half Day
- Friday, March 17 – Full Day
How to Submit a Professional Development Request
In addition to scheduled trainings throughout the school year, teachers and staff may make other professional development requests by filling out the online form in MyLearningPlan or by applying for a special grant.
Professional Development Request
- Login to MyLearning Plan
- Click “Prof. Dev. Request” on left sidebar
- Fill out form
Special Grants Request
Instructional staff in the EGTA may apply for special grants to attend professional development workshops or conferences. For more information, contact Marissa Cannon, director of Human Resources, or a member of the Special Grants Committee.
Professional Development and Certification
A Registered holder of a professional classroom teaching certificate, educational leadership certificate, or Level III teaching assistant certificate is required to successfully complete 100 clock hours of acceptable CTLE during the registration period if they practice 90 days or more in a single applicable school district, board of cooperative educational services (BOCES) or nonpublic school that is providing instruction pursuant to Education Law §3204(2) located in New York State. CTLE Requirements.
- APPR Evaluation Overview Powerpoint to Staff – September 2, 2011
- Proposed Matrix for Observation – Updated September 2, 2011
- Components of Professional Practice – Updated September 2, 2011
- 2019-20 Professional Development Plan
- Capital Area School Development Association (CASDA)
- Google Tutorials
- MyLearning Plan – submit a professional development request