Instructional Employment Opportunities
- Long Term Substitute Teacher, Columbia High School
- Music Teacher, Green Meadow Elementary School (Anticipated)
- Special Education Teacher, Donald P. Sutherland Elementary School
- Special Education Teacher, Green Meadow Elementary School
- Substitute Teachers, District-wide
Non-Instructional Employment Opportunities
- Automotive Mechanic, Transportation Department (2 Positions)
- Monitor, Bell Top Elementary School (Anticipated)
- School Bus Driver, Transportation Department
- Substitute Aide, Howard L. Goff Middle School
- Substitute School Bus Driver, Transportation Department
- Typist, Donald P. Sutherland Elementary School (Anticipated)
School Bus Drivers
The East Greenbush CSD is now hiring Substitute Bus Drivers. Drivers are paid at an hourly rate (Step 1 starts at $26.90 per hour) and they average 5-6 hours per day. Candidates interested in becoming a substitute bus driver must meet the following criteria:
- Drivers must be at least 21 years of age
- Fingerprint clearance
- Eligibility for the appropriate level New York State Driver’s License at the time of application (if needed, training will be provided by our Transportation Department)
- Satisfy the requirements for School Bus Driver set forth in the Rules and Regulation of the New York State Commissioner of Education
Please contact Vicky Cunningham at CunninghamVi@egcsd.org or 518-207-2529 if you are interested in applying.
PLEASE NOTE: All application documents must be submitted by close date of posting in order to be an eligible candidate. Complete application packet includes a cover letter; up-to-date resume; and the appropriate applications.
In accordance with SAVE Legislation fingerprint supported criminal background checks are required for ALL employees hired to work in the school district. For more information about the process for fingerprinting, please contact the Personnel Office.
Substitute teachers are per diem employees paid at a daily pay rate of $135.00 (retired district teachers are paid $145.00). Fingerprint clearance is required. All mandatory trainings are required. Candidates interested in becoming a substitute teacher must first meet one of the following criteria:
- Be a Certified Teacher
- Hold a 4 year degree with no teaching certification/experience
- Hold a 2-3 year degree (Associate’s Level) with experience in education and/or specific subject areas: i.e. Art, Early Childhood, Computer Technology
The district is currently hiring substitute teachers. Please contact the personnel office for application information.
Substitute Bus Aides
Substitute Bus Aides are paid at an hourly rate. Fingerprint clearance is required. Candidates interested in becoming a substitute bus aide are required to have graduated from high school or have a GED.
The district is currently hiring substitute bus aides. Please contact Vicky Cunningham at CunninghamVi@egcsd.org or 518-207-2529 if you are interested in applying.
Substitute Custodial Workers
Substitute Custodial Workers are paid at an hourly rate. Fingerprint clearance is required. Candidates interested in becoming a substitute custodial worker must meet the following criteria:
- Working knowledge of building cleaning practices
- Working knowledge of supplies and equipment
The district is currently hiring substitute custodial workers. Please contact the Office of Human Resources for application information.
Support Staff Substitute Employees
Please contact the personnel office to inquire about available substitute positions and information about the application process.
Times Union Top Workplace
In 2018, 2019 and 2021, the East Greenbush Central School District was named a Top Workplace by the Times Union. It is the only Capital Region school district to earn that distinction in those years. More information.
The East Greenbush Central School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law in any of its employment decisions; and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990, and NYS Human Rights Laws.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Marissa Cannon, Director of Human Resources and Compliance Officer/Coordinator, at CannonMa@egcsd.org, 518-207-2526 and 29 Englewood Avenue, East Greenbush, NY 12061. Inquiries concerning the application of the East Greenbush Central School District non-discrimination policies may also be referred to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights (OCR), 32 Old Slip, 26th Floor, New York, NY 10005, telephone (646) 428-3800 (voice) or (800) 877-8339 (TTY).
The East Greenbush CSD Personnel Department manages the recruitment, hiring and support of 735 employees who are committed to educating approximately 4,000 students. From teachers to bus drivers, nurses to librarians, our staff work together to bring out the best in students.
The department provides professional development throughout the school year and participates in collective bargaining, Board of Education policy and performs other human resource duties.
Director of Human Resources
Secretary II-Confidential – Instructional Staff
Secretary II-Confidential – Support Staff
Human Resources Recruiter
29 Englewood Avenue
East Greenbush, NY 12061
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.