The signs of spring are definitely here! As expected this time of year, there is plenty of rain which brings with it messy outdoor conditions. Occasional puddles and mud are common so we need to be mindful to have students wear appropriate footwear and clothing.
Also common in spring is the occurrence of bugs and insects. Please be aware that ticks are a part of the environment both at school and at home. When students play outdoors, there is always a chance that they may pick up a tick. It is good practice for parents and guardians to inspect children for this every day. More information about ticks and safety can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/ticks/index.html.
The students in grade 3-5 have finished taking the New York State Mathematics Assessment. The next and last NYS Exam is the fourth grade science.
I am proud to announce that our students who participated in the Read for Ronald McDonald House raised $3,198.75 this year. This is the third consecutive year that the Bell Top School has participated in this worthy fundraiser.
The Bell Top Book Club (BTBC) has unveiled this year’s school-wide reading book. At last week’s kick-off assembly the book Wish Tree, by Katherine Applegate was distributed to every student here at Bell Top. The students were very excited to learn of the new school-wide book for this year and were happy to receive their own personal copy. The staff here at Bell Top have developed a plethora of activities for the students that coincide with the reading of the book.
I would like to thank the PTO for supporting this program and funding the cost of the books.
Principal of Bell Top Elementary School
Upcoming Important Dates
- May 1 & 2 – NYS Math Exams (grade 3-5)
- May 7 & 8 – Kindergarten Screening (9:00 A.M.)
- May 8 – BOE Meeting/Public Hearing at Goff Middle School (7:00 P.M.)
- May 11 – Dog Wash & Walk at East Greenbush Town Park (9:00 A.M. – 12:00 Noon)
- May 12 – Mother’s Day
- May 13 – Bell Top Grade 5 Concert at Columbia High School (7:00 P.M.)
- May 15 – Grade 5 District-wide Band Festival at Columbia High School (7:00 P.M.)
- May 16 – District-wide Art Show at Columbia High School (6:00-8:00 P.M.)
- May 21 – Bell Top Field Day
- May 21 – District Budget Vote/Board Election (Polls Open 7 A.M.-9 P.M.)
- May 22 – BOE Meeting at Administration Center (7:00 P.M.)
- May 23 – Grade 4 NYS Science Performance Test
- May 24 – 28 – NO SCHOOL (Memorial Day & Unused Emergency Closing Days)
- May 29 – Bell Top Grade 4 Concert at Columbia High School (7:00 P.M.)
- May 30 – Grade 5 Field Trip to Camp Chingachgook