Dear Genet Families!
Happy Friday and Happy New Year! Out with 2019 and in with 2020! I hope this year brings with it excitement and positive experiences to you and your family. 2020 will be a magical year at Genet as the faculty and staff continue to be innovative in their craft of providing high-quality and rigorous instruction to our students.
Please do not forget that Genet is working to support Ronald McDonald House. We will be partnering with the Ronald McDonald house during the month of January as part of our school-wide read-a-thon! The program support the Ronald McDonald House of Albany, which provides housing and supportive services to families of children who are sick and receiving treatment from our local area hospitals.
Our students will once again be using their reading to raise money to support the families at the Ronald McDonald House. Students are encouraged to gather pledges from family and friends in support of the reading they will do for the month of January. Donations raised will be used to support the families at the Ronald McDonald House.
Last year, Genet raised $3,700 dollars for Ronald McDonald House of Albany and this year the two goals have been set with some special prizes at the end. They are:
- If Genet can raise $4,000 dollars – three of the highest earning students will get to cover me in silly-string
- If we see an increase in student participation in the event (53 students participated last year), 1 student from each grade level, selected at random, will have a chance to throw a pie in my face! The participation goal would be for over 100 students to take part in this worthy cause.
On Wednesday, January 8, we will be having our Wacky Wednesday at Genet! The theme is Dress Alike. This is a great way for students to dress like a friend or a parent or even a teacher they admire.
On Thursday, January 9th, Genet welcomes our families to our Annual Family Reading Night which will kick off in our auditorium at 6:30 PM. We hope you and your family will join us and listen to some of the staff’s favorite stories as we celebrate and promote family literacy!
A list of upcoming events at Genet:
- January 6, 2020- Genet PTO Meeting, 7 PM GCR
- January 8, 2020- PTO Sponsored Wacky Wednesday – Dress Alike Day
- January 8, 2020 – BOE Meeting at Central Admin – 7 PM
- January 9, 2020- Genet Family Reading Night, Genet Auditorium 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
- January 14, 2020 – Parent Workshop @ CHS 6-8 PM – Focus: Keeping The Tech in Check
- January 17, 2020 – Congressman Tonko’s Visit to Genet – Presentation to 5th Grade
- January 17-19th, 2020 – WinterFest
- January 20, 2020- Martin Luther King Jr. Day – No School
- January 30, 2020 – District Wide Choral Presentation @ CHS – Grade 4 and 5 – Be on the lookout for a permission slip next week!
Thank you for your continued support of Genet and from all of us here, we look forward to working together with our families in the new year!