The East Greenbush Central School District was informed today that a student from Genet Elementary School has tested positive for COVID-19. The student was at Genet on March 2 for in-person learning and at Genet on March 3 for the GCC full day program.
The district has completed its contact tracing and identified the following precautionary quarantines:
- 17 Genet students and one Genet employee quarantined through March 12
- 11 Genet students, 2 DPS students and 1 Red Mill employee quarantined through March 13
All families impacted have been contacted and given instructions related to mandatory quarantine. The quarantined individuals do not need to be tested for COVID-19 unless exhibiting symptoms or advised by a healthcare provider.
There will be no impact on the school schedule related to this confirmed case of COVID-19.
The district would like to remind everyone to maintain the strong habits we are developing as a school community:
- Avoid large and small group gatherings such as parties or unstructured situations which bring people from different households into contact with each other.
- Wear masks at all times when out in public, particularly when you cannot socially distance or when participating in such activities as club sports.
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently and thoroughly. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water is not accessible.
- Monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and in the event someone is sick, stay at home and contact your primary care provider.
Those with questions are advised to call the county health department directly at 518-270-2655 or contact the district’s COVID-19 Coordinator at Columbia High School at 518-207-2180.
For COVID-19 updates and information, visit egcsd.org/coronavirus.