The East Greenbush Central School District has been informed that two students have tested positive for COVID-19.
Howard L. Goff Middle School
- A student from Howard L. Goff Middle School has tested positive for COVID-19. There was no exposure at school related to this case. The student’s last day in school was May 12.
Bell Top Elementary School
- A student from Bell Top Elementary School has tested positive for COVID-19. There was no exposure at school related to this case. The student’s last day in school was May 12.
There will be no impact on the school schedule related to these confirmed cases of COVID-19.
The district would like to remind everyone to maintain the strong habits we have developed as a school community:
- Receive the COVID vaccine if you are eligible.
- Avoid large and small group gatherings such as parties which bring people from different households into contact with each other.
- Wear a mask when out in public if you are not fully vaccinated.
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently and thoroughly. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available.
- Monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and in the event someone is sick, stay at home.
- Remain at home while waiting for COVID-19 test results.
Those with questions are advised to call the county health department directly at 518-270-2655 or contact the district’s COVID-19 Coordinator at Columbia High School at 518-207-2180.
For COVID-19 updates and information, visit egcsd.org/coronavirus.