The East Greenbush Central School District has been informed that a student from Red Mill Elementary School has tested positive for COVID-19. The student’s last day in school was October 21. There was no exposure at school related to this case.
The district would like to remind everyone to maintain the strong habits we are developing as a school community:
- Maintain social distancing when out in public.
- Wear masks at all times when inside schools and on school buses.
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently and thoroughly. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available.
- Monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and in the event someone is sick, stay at home.
- In alignment with recommendations from federal, state and county health and medical professionals, the East Greenbush CSD strongly encourages everyone 12 and older who is eligible to get the COVID-19 vaccine. COVID-19 Vaccine Finder.
Those with questions are advised to call the county health department directly at 518-270-2655 or contact the district’s Interim COVID-19 Coordinator Kathy DeFruscio at DefrusKa@egcsd.org.
For COVID-19 updates and information, visit egcsd.org/coronavirus.