The East Greenbush Central School District’s school tax bills were mailed to District residents on Monday, September 11. The tax collection period is September 11, 2023 to October 11, 2023, without payment of a penalty.
School tax bill calculations are based on property assessed value, equalization rate, and the town’s share of the overall tax levy. It should be noted that the town assessors have responsibility for the assessed values; the NYS Tax Department’s State Board of Real Property Tax Services has responsibility for equalization rates. In some cases, changes in equalization rates may impact how much individual towns share proportionately in the school tax levy.
This year, the combined district-wide tax levy increased by 0.5 percent. This is the same as the District’s projection in the 2023-24 budget. The actual tax rate for specific towns varies due to State determined equalization rates and overall assessed valuation.
The 2023 school tax rates, per $1,000 of assessed value, are listed below:
2023 Tax Rates Per $1,000 of Assessed Value
Tax Rate Change
Tax Rate Change
How to Pay Your Taxes
- Residents of the Towns of East Greenbush, North Greenbush, Nassau, Sand Lake, and Chatham may mail payments to: Tax Collector, East Greenbush Central School District, P.O. Box 588 Albany, New York 12201-0588 or pay online at: egov.basgov.com/eastgreenbushcentralschool. No in-person payments will be accepted.
- Town of Schodack residents should mail payments to: Shawn Masters, Receiver of Taxes, 265 Schuurman Road, P.O. Box 436, East Schodack, NY 12063. No in-person payments will be accepted
Taxpayer questions regarding town equalization rates and individual property assessments should be addressed directly to your town assessor. The town assessor’s offices, within the East Greenbush Central School District, may be reached at:
- Chatham: 518-392-2550
- East Greenbush: 518-477-9710
- Nassau: 518-766-2343
- North Greenbush: 518-283-6175
- Sand Lake: 518-674-2026 x24
- Schodack: 518-477-7932