The East Greenbush Central School District has been informed that one student and one employee have tested positive for COVID-19.
Columbia High School
- A student from Columbia High School has tested positive for COVID-19. There was no exposure at school related to this case. The student’s last day in school was April 13.
Howard L. Goff Middle School
- An employee from Howard L. Goff Middle School has tested positive for COVID-19. The employee’s last day in school was April 17. The district has completed its contact tracing and identified three employees who must enter mandatory quarantine at home as a precaution.
There will be no impact on the school schedule related to these confirmed cases of COVID-19.
The district would like to remind everyone to maintain the strong habits we are developing as a school community:
- Avoid large and small group gatherings such as parties which bring people from different households into contact with each other.
- Wear masks at all times when out in public.
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently and thoroughly. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available.
- Monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and in the event someone is sick, stay at home.
Those with questions are advised to call the county health department directly at 518-270-2655 or contact the district’s COVID-19 Coordinator at Columbia High School at 518-207-2180.
For COVID-19 updates and information, visit egcsd.org/coronavirus.