The following letter was emailed to all parents of students entering 6th-8th grade this fall.
Dear Goff Parents and Guardians,
I hope you are enjoying your summer so far. I am looking forward to the upcoming school year and seeing all of the students. In an effort to make a smooth transition for students to reenter the 2022-2023 school year, Goff Middle School will open for students and parents to come in and walk your child’s schedule and practice opening their lockers (student schedules will be available the week of August 22). If your child would like to bring items to place in their locker, they may do so during this time. All students will be using lockers this year and will no longer carry their backpacks throughout the day. As a reminder no adhesive stickers to be placed inside the lockers. You must use magnets to adhere decorations. No decorations are allowed on the outside of the lockers.
Goff Middle School will be open to ALL students and families during the following days and times:
- Thursday, August 25th: 1:00 pm -3:00 pm (building closes at 3:00 pm)
- Friday, August 26th: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm (building closes at 3:00 pm)
- Monday, August 29th: 3:00 pm – 7:30 pm (building closes at 8:00pm)
- Tuesday, August 30th: 3:00 pm – 7:30 pm (building closes at 8:00pm)
- Wednesday, August 31st: 3:00 pm – 7:30 pm (building closes at 8:00pm)
- Thursday, September 1: 3:00 pm – 7:30 pm (building closes at 8:00pm)
*Students must be accompanied by an adult for the duration of the visit.*
On Thursday, August 25th, all incoming 6th grade students and new students only will be receiving new chromebooks as part of 6th Grade and New Student Orientation. When dropping off your child for orientation, parents should proceed to the Goff gymnasium with your child’s old chromebook and charger. At that time, you will sign for and receive a new chromebook for your child. If you’re unable to attend during this time, you will be able to get the new chromebook at the beginning of the school year.
6th Grade and New Student Orientation Schedule for Thursday, August 25th
- 11:00 am – 11:05 am: Parent Drop-Off (students enter the main entrance and proceed to the cafeteria. No parents will attend the orientation.) Parents proceed to the gym and drop off the old chromebook and charger.
- 11:05 am – 11:30 am: Presentation on important information about middle school
- 11:30 am – 12:00 pm:
- Group 1 stays in cafeteria to review their class schedule
- Group 2 tours the building and follows their class schedule and opens their locker
- 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm:
- Group 1 tours the building and follows their class schedule and opens their locker
- Group 2 goes to cafeteria and reviews their schedule
- 12:30 pm – 1:00 pm: All students in the cafeteria for lunch and get to know each other
- Lunch will be provided. If your child has a food allergy, please notify Deb Corbett at 518-207-2461 of the allergy and we will try to accommodate. Feel free to provide your child with lunch if you feel more comfortable.
- 1:00 pm: Parents pick up students outside of the cafeteria
Student volunteers will be available to guide students around the building and answer questions. Students will also be given a map of the building with specific locations highlighted.
- Only students will be allowed for the orientation.
- Entry will be at the main entrance of the building and students will exit the building through the cafeteria after lunch
- Stay home if feeling ill or were exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
We are looking forward to seeing you all at orientation and are excited to begin a new school year!
Jill Barker, Principal
Sarah Hoffman, 6th grade Assistant Principal