Columbia High School’s Senior Prom for the Class of 2023 is scheduled for Friday, June 2 at Crowne Plaza Albany – The Desmond Hotel. Tickets cost $50/person and will be on sale Monday, May 15 through Friday, May 19.
Event details are listed below:
- 5:00 – 6:30 PM: Friends, family and community members are invited to the Senior Prom Walk-In, located in the Columbia High School auditorium. The Walk-In is sponsored by the Class of 2025.
- 6:45 PM – 11:00 PM: Prom attendees will enjoy dinner and dancing at the Crowne Plaza Albany – The Desmond Hotel, located at 660 Albany Shaker Road in Albany.
(Attendees will not be permitted to enter the event at The Desmond Hotel until 6:45 p.m.)
Cocktail Hour featuring Hors D’oeuvres
- Lemonade, Iced Tea, and Infused Waters
- Assorted imported and domestic cheeses with crackers, sliced seasonal fruits with raspberry yogurt dip, Crudites & herbed dip
Sit Down Dinner
- Desmond Signature Salad – mixed greens, mandarin oranges, shredded cheddar cheese, cherry tomatoes with creamy garlic dressing
- Baskets of warm dinner rolls and butter rosettes
- Choice of one of the three following dinner options:
- New York Sliced Sirloin of Beef – oven roasted, demi glace, potato provencale, chef’s choice of seasonal vegetable
- Chicken Francaise – boneless breast of chicken dredged in Parmesan egg batter, lemon butter sauce, vegetable rice pilaf, chef’s choice of seasonal vegetable
- Vegetable Strudel – herbed seasonal vegetables, wrapped in phyllo, oven-baked to a golden brown, couscous, red pepper coulis, chef’s choice of seasonal vegetable
- Ice Cream Brownie Bar – pre-scooped vanilla bean ice cream, chocolate fudge brownies, chocolate and rainbow sprinkles, M&M candies, Reese Pieces candies, chopped nuts, sliced strawberries, whipped cream, cherries, and warm chocolate sauce
- Lemonade, Iced Tea, and Infused Waters
Photography and Entertainment
- DJ and Photo Booth will be provided by NWN Entertainment.
- Professional Photography, provided by iSmile Studios, will be available at the Crowne Plaza Albany – The Desmond Hotel during the prom. It is not necessary to pre-order packages. iSmile Studios will photograph all prom attendees, and photos will be available at a later date for viewing and purchasing through a private online gallery created for the Columbia High School Senior Prom.
Tickets cost $50 per person and will be available for purchase Monday, May 15 through Friday, May 19. Cash (please have exact amount) or checks made payable to the Class of 2023 will be accepted.
Tickets will be sold at the following times:
- 7:00 am until 7:15 am – Room N307
- Period 1 (7:20-7:40) – Room N307
- Period 3 (9:05-9:25) – Room N312
- Period 4 (9:55-10:15) – Room N307
- 2:03 pm until 2:35 pm – Room N307
Students will not be permitted to leave a class or leave the cafeteria to purchase a prom ticket. If a student is purchasing a ticket during their lunch period, they should purchase the Senior Prom ticket before reporting to the cafeteria.
Please be prepared to choose your table at the time of purchase. Make arrangements ahead of time with who you intend on sitting with. Tables will accommodate ten (10) guests. Students who do not elect to sit at a particular table will be placed in open seats.
Students will choose a dinner selection at the time of the ticket purchase. If a senior is purchasing a ticket for a guest, it will be expected that they choose the guest’s desired dinner selection at the time of the ticket purchase. If a prom attendee has any dietary restrictions of which The Desmond staff should be aware, they should alert one of the advisors when the prom ticket is purchased.
If a student from another school will be attending the Senior Prom as a guest of a Columbia High School senior, then the appropriate “Permission Form to attend a Columbia High School Event” must be completed and presented at the time of the ticket purchase. No exceptions will be made.
Please note that the ticket given to the attendees at time of purchase is a souvenir and is not needed for entrance into the Senior Prom. Attendees will receive an entrance ticket to the Senior Prom when they register upon arrival at the mandatory Walk-in at Columbia High School beginning at 5:00 on Friday, June 2nd, and will then be asked to present that when they arrive to The Desmond Hotel.
If you have any questions, please contact one of the Class of 2022 Advisors via e-mail: Stefani Monuteaux (email@example.com), Scott Monuteaux (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Gretchen Schulz (email@example.com).