Instructional Employment Opportunities
- .4 Art Teacher, Red Mill Elementary School (Anticipated)
- .5 ENL Teacher, District-wide
- Girls’ Varsity Assistant Soccer Coach
- Principal, Columbia High School
- Reading Teacher, Genet Elementary School
- Teaching Assistants, Goff Middle School (3 positions)
- .4 Technology Teacher, Columbia High School
Non-Instructional Employment Opportunities
- Custodial Worker, Donald P. Sutherland Elementary School (Anticipated)
- Food Service Helper, Donald P. Sutherland Elementary School (Anticipated)
- School Safety Supervisor, District-wide (Anticipated)
PLEASE NOTE: All application documents must be submitted by close date of posting in order to be an eligible candidate. Complete application packet includes a cover letter; up-to-date resume; and the appropriate applications.
In accordance with SAVE Legislation fingerprint supported criminal background checks are required for ALL employees hired to work in the school district. For more information about the process for fingerprinting, please contact the Personnel Office.
For Substitute Teachers
Substitute teachers are per diem employees paid at a daily pay rate. Fingerprint clearance is required. Candidates interested in becoming a substitute teacher must first meet one of the following criteria:
- Be a Certified Teacher
- Be in process of receiving certification (pending fulfillment of student teaching & pass all required certification exams)
- Hold a 4 year degree with no teaching certification/experience
- Hold a 2-3 year degree (Associate’s Level) with experience in education and/or specific subject areas: i.e. Art, Early Childhood, Computer Technology
- Attend Mandatory training
The district is currently hiring substitute teachers. Please contact the personnel office for application information.
For Support Staff Substitute Employees
Please contact the personnel office to inquire about available substitute positions and information about the application process.
The East Greenbush Central School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law in any of its employment decisions; and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990, and NYS Human Rights Laws.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Mrs. Michele Bowman, Assistant Superintendent and Compliance Officer/Coordinator, at BowmanMi@egcsd.org, 518-207-2526 and 29 Englewood Avenue, East Greenbush, NY 12061. Inquiries concerning the application of the East Greenbush Central School District non-discrimination policies may also be referred to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights (OCR), 32 Old Slip, 26th Floor, New York, NY 10005, telephone (646) 428-3800 (voice) or (800) 877-8339 (TTY).