Instructional Employment Opportunities
- .5 FTE Science Teacher
- .5 HealthTeacher
- Special EducationTeacher (Anticipated)
- .4 Business Teacher, Columbia High School
- .3 Elementary AIS Mathematics Teacher, Howard L. Goff Middle School
- .5 Science Teacher, Columbia High School
- Special Education/Integrated Co-Teacher, Red Mill Elementary School (Anticipated)
- Special Education Teacher, Red Mill Elementary School (Anticipated Leave of Absence)
Non-Instructional Employment Opportunities
- Occupational Therapist (.8 FTE), District-wide
- Secretary II, Assistant Superintendent for Personnel and Professional Development (Reposted)
PLEASE NOTE: All application documents must be submitted by close date of posting in order to be an eligible candidate. Complete application packet includes a cover letter; up-to-date resume; and the appropriate applications.
In accordance with SAVE Legislation fingerprint supported criminal background checks are required for ALL employees hired to work in the school district. For more information about the process for fingerprinting, please contact the Personnel Office.
For Substitute Teachers
Substitute teachers are per diem employees paid at a daily pay rate. Fingerprint clearance is required. Candidates interested in becoming a substitute teacher must first meet one of the following criteria:
- Be a Certified Teacher
- Be in process of receiving certification (pending fulfillment of student teaching & pass all required certification exams)
- Hold a 4 year degree with no teaching certification/experience
- Hold a 2-3 year degree (Associate’s Level) with experience in education and/or specific subject areas: i.e. Art, Early Childhood, Computer Technology
- Attend Mandatory training
The district is currently hiring substitute teachers. Please contact the personnel office for application information.
For Support Staff Substitute Employees
Please contact the personnel office to inquire about available substitute positions and information about the application process.
The East Greenbush Central School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law in any of its employment decisions; and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990, and NYS Human Rights Laws.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Mrs. Michele Bowman, Assistant Superintendent and Compliance Officer/Coordinator, at BowmanMi@egcsd.org, 518-207-2526 and 29 Englewood Avenue, East Greenbush, NY 12061. Inquiries concerning the application of the East Greenbush Central School District non-discrimination policies may also be referred to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights (OCR), 32 Old Slip, 26th Floor, New York, NY 10005, telephone (646) 428-3800 (voice) or (800) 877-8339 (TTY).
The East Greenbush CSD Personnel Department manages the recruitment, hiring and support of 735 employees who are committed to educating approximately 4,000 students. From teachers to bus drivers, nurses to librarians, our staff work together to bring out the best in students.
The department provides professional development throughout the school year and participates in collective bargaining, Board of Education policy and performs other human resource duties.
Assistant Superintendent for Personnel & Professional Development
Secretary II-Confidential – Instructional Staff
Secretary II-Confidential – Support Staff
29 Englewood Avenue
East Greenbush, NY 12061
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.