The Capital District YMCA has extended school-age childcare to cover all “essential” workers, as determined by New York State, during the Coronavirus pandemic. This would include licensed health professionals and emergency responders, but also, essential employees in manufacturing, retail, infrastructure, news media, financial institutions, construction, defense and more.
For the complete list, please check here: https://esd.ny.gov/guidance-executive-order-2026
The daily rate for childcare costs $48 per child. However, financial assistance is available through the YMCA for those with financial hardship.
The Y has also partnered with several other organizations, such as the Victory Church, and is providing food for children in Albany, East Greenbush, Schenectady and Troy.
YMCA Branches Providing Care
- Bethlehem — 900 Delaware Ave, Delmar, NY 12054
- Duanesburg — 221 Victoria Drive, Delanson, NY 12053
- Glenville — 127 Droms Road, Glenville, NY 12302
- Greenbush — 20 Community Way, East Greenbush, NY 12061
- Greene County — 35 Rt. 81, Hope Plaza, West Coxsackie, NY 12192
- Guilderland — 250 Winding Brook Drive, Guilderland, NY 12084
- Schenectady — 433 State Street, Schenectady, NY 12305
- Southern Saratoga — 1 Wall Street, Clifton Park, NY 12065
- Troy — 2500 21st Street, Troy, NY 12180
Other Locations Providing Care
- Arbor Hill Elementary — 1 Arbor Drive, Albany, NY 12207
- Eagle Point Elementary — 1044 Western Avenue, Albany, NY 12203
- Giffen Elementary — 274 South Pearl Street, Albany, NY 12202
- Hoosick Falls Central School — 21187 NY RT 22, Hoosick Falls, NY 12090
- New Scotland Elementary — 369 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208
- Philip Schuyler Achievement — 676 Clinton Avenue, Albany, NY 12206
- Sheridan Preparatory Academy — 400 Sheridan Avenue, Albany, NY 12206
Online registration can be found at: www.CDYMCA.org/EmergencyChildcare
For more information, please call the Capital District YMCA at 518-869-3500.