Two Columbia High School students received nominations in the 6th annual High School Musical Theatre Awards, organized by the Collaborative School of the Arts at Proctors in partnership with The Broadway League. Aidan Halsey ’23 was nominated for Best Actor and Roan Butterfield ’24 was nominated for Best Supporting Actor for their roles in “Little Women.”
Eighteen schools and hundreds of students were a part of this year’s High School Musical Theatre Award program.
Winners will be announced at a ceremony and performance modeled after the Tony Awards, scheduled for Saturday, May 14 at Proctors in Schenectady.
The winner of the Best Actor award will represent Proctors and Upstate New York at the National High School Musical Theatre Awards – also known as The Jimmy Awards – in June 2022. The winners will participate with students from across the country for the title of Best National High School Actor and Best National High School Actress. Winners will also receive ten days of training with Broadway professionals and have opportunities to win college and other scholarships.
Columbia won Best Musical at the High School Musical Theatre Awards in 2018 for “Cinderella” and 2019 for “Big Fish.”
- Aidan Halsey as Laurie Laurence, “Little Women,” Columbia High School
- Ryan Dieffenbach as Ugly, “Honk!,” Glens Falls High School
- Spencer Boyce as Baker, “Into the Woods,” Saratoga Springs High School
- Ethan Crowley as Wolf/Cinderella’s Prince, “Into the Woods,” Saratoga Springs High School
- Makai McClinton as Topher, “Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella,” Scotia-Glenville High School
Best Supporting Actor
- Roan Butterfield as Professor Bhaer, “Little Women,” Columbia High School
- Jack Adams as Drake, “Honk!,” Glens Falls High School
- Caleb Pacelli as Lefou, “Disney’s Beauty & the Beast,” Mohonasen High School
- Andrew Bellotti as Sebastian, “Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella,” Scotia-Glenville High School
- Daniel Cormie as The Escapologist/Bruce, “Matilda” South Glens Falls High School