Each year, Goff seventh graders have the opportunity to travel to Philadelphia. Anyone returning the permission form and $100 deposit by Friday, November 15 and meets all building criteria and eligibility requirements will be reserved a seat on the trip. (Students who return the permission form after the above date may be placed on a waiting list.)
The cost of the trip will be $260.00. Students may reduce the cost of their trip by participating in our fundraisers in collaboration with the Goff PTO (e.g., pancake breakfast, car wash sale, etc.).
Students will be asked to form their own groups. Up to four boys or four girls can be in a rooming group. Groups of fewer than four will be combined. Each group of four must have a parent chaperone. Groups that do not have at least one parent chaperone attending the trip will be assigned one. After the initial deposit has been submitted, rooming forms will be made available to students for them to form their rooming groups. Parents/guardians will have the opportunity to sign up for the trip and the chaperone selection will be determined by lottery if multiple parents enter the lottery for their child’s group. Once your child has decided on their roommates, those parents should reach out to the other parents in their child’s group to introduce themselves and see which parents will also be entering their names into the lottery. Once we receive all rooming sheets we will be able to determine how many chaperones for that group have signed up for the trip. Please take time to discuss rooming groups with your child before submitting his/her form. Confirm all students have spoken and are all in agreement with the rooming arrangements to ensure accuracy, avoid confusion and finalize arrangements. Please sign your child’s rooming sheet once completed and have your son/daughter return the sheet to Mr. Neumann’s office as soon as possible.
Thursday, June 4, 2020
- 5:30 am Buses depart Goff (please arrive to Goff by 5:15 am)
- 11:30 am Arrive in Philadelphia
- 11:45 am – 5:00 pm Group time and walking tours
- Liberty Bell
- Congress Hall
- Christ Church
- Independence Hall or The Museum of the American Revolution
- National Constitution Center
- National Mint
- Federal Reserve
- 5:15 pm Leave for dinner and either Trenton Thunder or Philadelphia Phillies Game (TBD)
- 7:00 pm Ball Game
- 10:30 pm Return to Hotel
Friday, June 5, 2020
- 7:00 am Breakfast
- 8:30 am Leave for tours and bus
- 9:30 am Tour of Franklin Institute
- 1:00 pm Visit the Philadelphia Zoo – Lunch at the zoo
- 3:00 pm Leave Philadelphia
- 5:00 pm Dinner at Thruway rest stop
- 9:00 pm Arrive at Goff
There will be an informational meeting for parents/guardians regarding the Philadelphia Trip on Thursday, October 10 at 6:30 p.m. in the Goff cafeteria. This meeting is open to all families interested in learning more about the trip and is strongly recommended that you attend. If you have any questions, please contact the Taylor House Office at 518-207-2451.
TO REGISTER YOUR CHILD FOR THE FIELD TRIP
Address an envelope with the following information:
- Your child’s name (please print)
- His/her team (7-1 or 7-2)
- “Philadelphia Trip”
In this envelope, please enclose the following (please do not staple together):
- Completed registration form (last page of packet)
- $100.00 deposit – check made payable to “Goff Student Activities”
- Due date – by Friday, November 15.
*****Please print your child’s name on the memo line of your check*****
PLEASE NOTE FINAL PAYMENT IS DUE FRIDAY, MARCH 6, 2020 AND AFTER THAT DATE NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED.
If there is a problem with payment of the deposit, please enclose a note to Mr. Neumann instead of the deposit check and he will make alternate payment arrangements with you.
When above is completed, please seal the envelope and have your child drop it off in the Philadelphia box located in the Taylor House Office after he/she gets off of the bus in the morning. Please do not bring this envelope to any other teacher or house office.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR ATTENDING THE FIELD TRIP
- Student attendance on any Goff school field trip is a privilege. Student behavior during the school year is closely monitored and helps to determine a student’s eligibility for any field trip.
- If a student violates any Level One Infraction during the year, the administrative team will review the infraction and notify parents if the student’s eligibility for the trip is in jeopardy. A Level One Infraction may mean the immediate removal from any or all field trips. These infractions are listed in the Code of Conduct located on our website at the beginning of each school year.
- Level Two Infractions will also be monitored and used to determine whether the integrity of the trip is compromised. Level Two Infractions do not cause immediate removal but are subject to review and students may be removed based upon administrative discretion. Parents will be notified and a review committee of administrators, guidance counselors and teacher chaperones will determine the student’s eligibility. These infractions are also located in the Code of Conduct.
- Approximately six weeks prior to the field trip, all reservations and accommodations need to be finalized. At this time, parents will be notified of the eligibility of their child’s status for the trip. Any Level One Infraction after the final payment date (3/1/19) will automatically nullify the student’s eligibility for the trip. Any trip payments will be forfeited.