Health Office: 207-2604
While your child is here at Bell Top we will do our best to keep your child healthy and safe. Here are a few tips that you can do to help us out:
- Be sure your child has breakfast before coming to school
- Plenty of rest is important – the day is very long especially for kindergarteners.
- Dress appropriately for weather – children go outside everyday – good idea to have extra hat/mittens – also a change of clothes for those “accidents” that may occur.
- Sneakers everyday for physical education and outside play
- If the morning is a rough start – lost dog or something upsetting please call – it could help me if they come into my office upset.
- Call if your child contracts a contagious disease – chicken pox, strep, pink eye. I need to keep track for the at-risk children.
- If you know or suspect head lice, please call me. I will then be able to check the classroom and hopefully keep on top of the situation.
- When your child is ill, please keep them home. We recommend 24 hours of no fever or vomiting before sending them back to school. Please send a note to school the day of their return.
NYS requires the following in order to start school:
- 3 DPT
- 3 IPV or OPV (polio)
- 2 MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)
- 3 Hepatitis B
It is mandated by New York State for physicals to be done on every student in kindergarten, second, fourth and any newly entering student. It is recommended that you have a private physician do the physical because they know your child’s history, leading to a more thorough exam. We can accept a physical that was done within the last 12 months of the student entering school. NYS is also asking for Dental forms on the same years as the physicals. You can download both forms below.
A doctor’s order and parent permission is required to administer medication in school. This is for prescription meds AND over-the- counter meds. Forms are in the health office. No medication is allowed on the bus with student; it must be brought in by the parent. You can download a form below.