- If a head injury is suspected the student athlete must seek medical evaluation for diagnosis and have the Head Injury Evaluation Form filled out by a physician.
- The student athlete must re-visit physician for clearance and have the Head Injury Evaluation Form filled out (second doctor visit).
- Once the “Head Injury Evaluation Form” is completed, it should be submitted directly to the school nurse (or athletic trainer if school nurse unavailable).
- Once the student athlete has received clearance from Primary Care Doctor, the student athlete will then begin a back-to-play program.
- The student athlete cannot return to play until final clearance is received from the school medical director. This clearance will then be forwarded to the school nurse (or athletic trainer if school nurse unavailable).
For questions or concerns contact your child’s Health Office:
Columbia High School Health Office
Goff Middle School Health Office