Students must earn a minimum of three credits in Science, with two of those credits in Environmental Science (Earth Science) and Living Environment (Biology). All Science classes are laboratory-based and culminate with either a final exam or Regents Exam (at the Regents level).
Columbia offers AP classes in the core courses of Environmental Science, Biology, Chemistry and Physics, and has added two Engineering electives.
- Environmental Science (Earth Science)
- Living Environment (Biology)
Science Department Electives:
- Environmental Science
- General Chemistry
- General Physics
- Advanced Placement Biology
- Advanced Placement Chemistry
- Advanced Placement Environmental Science
- Advanced Placement Physics
- Forensic Science
- Science Research (taken concurrently with Sophomore, Junior and Senior Science)